why can't we reset

These certain words have been drilled into my head.

The truth is that the manipulation of India’s domestic politics has successfully enslaved the masses through political ideologies that have cleverly leveraged the natural addiction of Indians to religion. Aided by widespread institutional emasculation, national security has been weaponised to silence the voices of protest and neutralise those seen as working against the majoritarian agenda. The financial blow struck at Mother Teresa’s Missionaries for Charity is emblematic.

Perhaps the only way to rescue India from its politics is the emergence of a ‘Mahatma’ or a group of them, who can detoxify the masses from their addiction to religious extremism that conflates protecting their religion with the protection of India. When asked whether such a Mahatma or some such Mahatmas can emerge, a wise man, who has probably seen it all, replied, “Not yet, because the Mahatmas have either donned religiosity or are taking cover under it”.

Partition informs us that even when we are lost in a sea of hatred, we can return to sanity. But it is unlikely before the suffering and bloodshed get exhausted. How long this round will take, is anybody’s guess.

Some articles have clearly stated, India needs a reset.

It's true, we need a reset. We need a new start. But that isn't possible is it? We're stuck.