Chapter 12: The Wild Dragon Proud Days 1.12

[1] Daren (大人): adult, general term used to refer to those of status.

[2] Jiejie (姐姐): older sister

[3] Ben (本) is used by a speaker to refer to themselves in the third person (illeism). This form of speaking is used for more formal occasions, usually when the speaker is part of a conversation among equals or as the highest ranking person in the room.

[4] "Gōngzǐ" - son of an official; son of nobility; your son (honorific)

[5] "Diànxià" - Your Majesty (honorific); His or Her Highness

......

The governor residence covered an area of dozens of acres and had a very luxurious layout. It was a huge mansions, which had each corner brightly lit, walls carved out of jade and pavilions with an exquisite feeling to them.

Li Luo and Qin Yu flipped over the wall and entered the garden of the governor's residence by lucky coincidence. They hid in the dense flowers and trees, concealing themselves in their shadow. The faint sound of walking blended with the rustling sound of the wind blowing through the trees.

They both hurriedly hid behind a rockery, looking attentively at the cobblestone quarters from afar, as they listened to the nearby conversation between two maids in pale pink garments.

"Yes, 'Daren' [1] is in a good mood, and even now he is still doting on Li Gongzi in his bed. Even though from what I heard, the rebel forces are already outside the city gates." Said the younger looking maid holding a silver plate, her tone had a trace of nervousness.

"What are you afraid of? Those rebel forces can't attack the city so easily, also Daren has long ago reported this matter to the emperor, so in a few days, there will be reinforcements to help us." The older maid said in a very confident tone, as she lazily raised her hand then stuck the air, "This matter isn't something we should be worried about. We better hurry, because if we aren't there by the time Daren and Li Gongzi finish, we better be ready to be punished."

"Yes, Ling Er 'jiejie' [2] is correct, let's go faster."

The conversation seized and the two maids quickly accelerated their pace. However as soon as they walked in front of the rockery, the younger maid eyes suddenly closed shut and her soft body started collapsing backwards. At that a shadow quickly sprang from the side, catching the maid in one hand, and the falling silver plate in the other.

Then another shadow looked at the front, his figure flashed and then appeared behind the maid named Ling Er. Turning one of his hand into claw state, he held Ling Er's throat, "Do not move, or else I will kill you."

Li Luo dragged the maid in his arms into the rockery and hit her sleeping acupuncture point to make sure she didn't wake up before dawn. Afterwards he returned to Qin Yu's side.

"Who are you? This is the governor residence, if you are found secretly sneaking in, your end won't be good." Even though Ling Er's voice was trembling, it still held confidence.

"Take us to your Daren. And stop talking rubbish! Hurry up!" Qin Yu's voice was very cold, making people feel as if they were soaked in a millennium-old ice pond. Word by word it froze people into ice dregs.

The maid named Ling Er immediately started trembling as if a chaff sieve. There was a layer of sweat on her smooth forehead as she spoke "I...I understand, please come with me."

......

NSFW warning

While evading the residence's guards, the three walked through several promenades, and finally entered a decorative, elegant and very exquisite courtyard.