1. Graduation

A/n graduation robe on top of her outfit

Luna tapped her foot impatiently. He was late. Peter was late and they were graduating. Luna looked to Gwen who stood beside her, and she nodded.

She got out her phone and found Peter's number, she called it.  And after a few seconds he answered.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I'm running a bit late. I got stuck in some traffic." Peter lied making Gwen roll her eyes at her cousins boyfriend.

"Your timing is terrible." Gwen hissed into the phone before Luna took it of speaker, biting her lip.

"It's started already Pete." Luna scolded quietly as the cousins sit next to one another in their graduation clothes.

"I know I'm sorry." Peter apologised.

"Where are you?" The girl questioned, fiddling with her rings.

"1st and Broadway, 2nd and Broadway, 3rd and Broadway." Peter answered quickly as the police car he was on drove. "5 minutes. Ten tops."

"Are those sirens?" Luna questioned with big eyes, Gwen looked at her and put her palm against her forehead.

"No." Peter lied.

"Peter?" Luna asked sternly.

"No." He lied.

"Peter?"

"No sirens. No–" Peter paused.

"Peter? What's happening?" Luna questioned worriedly. She continued to repeat his name but he didn't answer until he finally spoke up.

"I'll be right there. Promise." Peter said before hanging up.

"This years valedictorian, please welcome Gwen Stacy and Luna Smith." A teacher announced before Luna could process Peter's words

The students clapped and the cousins looked at each other. Together they stood up and walked to the stage, Gwen would give her speech first then Luna would give hers.

"Good morning, esteemed faculty and families of my fellow graduates. Its an honour to be standing up here today." Gwen began."I know that we all think we're immortal. We're supposed to feel that way. We're graduating. But, like our brief 4 years in high school what makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever. What makes it precious is that it ends. And I know that now more than ever."

"And I say it today of all days to remind us that time is luck. So don't waste it living someone else's life. Make yours count for something. Fight for what matters to you. No matter what. Because even if we fall short... what better way is there to live?"

Everyone clapped at the end of Gwen's speech and Luna gave her a quick hug.

"Wow, I don't know what to say now." Luna chuckled, making the crowd laugh. "Gwen's speech was amazing. And all I can really add is, she's right. Life is precious. Right now, sitting here this fine morning We're ready for our future. And some of you may be thinking, 'this is a new beginning.' But without our experiences here, in these last four years we'd be different people."