5. different paths

Luna and Gwen walked together, chatting. The two would be doing their oral exams in the same building but in different parts of it.

"Hey. Hi." Peter greeted as he slammed into the wall behind them.

"Hi." Luna said in suprise.

"'Hey." Gwen smiled.

"Hey, Gwen." Peter greeted before turning to his ex-girlfriend. "I gotta talk to you for a second."

"We're running late." Gwen told him as they walked at a fast pace.

They walked into the building, Peter still following. "It's just gonna take a second." Peter promised Luna as they continued to walk.

"I can't. I'm sorry, Peter." Luna told him but Peter continued to protest.

"Just give me one minute. I just wanna say one thing and I'm gone." Peter stated going infront of her. "Everything is a mess. Everything is insane." Peter said as Luna tried to shush him.

Luna then motioned for Gwen to go ahead, mouthing good luck. "My dad, my mom. Everything I thought about them? Lies." Peter Continued as she tried to shush him again.

"Lies. Lies, lies. Lies." He repeated as he played with his hair. "Nothing makes any sense anymore. I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do with Harry."

Luna looked over and saw Gwen had already gone in for her interview as Luna pulled on her sleeve. She hated being late.

"'Cause of course I wanna save him." Peter rambled. "You know? I wanna save him because he's my best pal. And what if my blood works? What If it doesn't?" He asked as Luna nodded along.

"I don't know. I got no idea." Peter stated before laughing nervously making Luna become concerned. "Oh, god." She muttered.

"I got nothing. I got nothing." Peter told her. "The only thing I keep coming back to, Lu, is...."

"Ms Smith?" The desk lady asked. "Shall I take you upstairs."

"Yes. I'm so sorry." Luna apologised biting her lip. "I'm s-so sorry. I'm already late. But could I have one more minute?"

"Okay." The lady said.

"Thank you. Sorry." Luna said again as she looked back at Peter. "I'm okay. I have to be-"

"Where are we?" Peter interrupted.

"I have to be- I'm at my..." Luna said pointing up as she held her bag. "... last interview fir Stanford right now."

"Stanford. I didn't know." Peter stated as he played with his Hands.

"Yeah." Luna stated.

"Okay, well. I'm sorry to bother you." He told the desk lady. "My fair lady- madam." He said awkwardly.

"Who are you?" The lady questioned.

"Who am I? I mean, who am I? I'm John Hopkins." He lied. "I'm one of the young professor's at harvard." Luna gave him a strange look.

"What?" She whispered.

"... and I've been trying to get her to be in my... be a part of my team for a while now." Peter lied. "And she's the best person I know. Scientific genius. Any way, God save the queen. I'm sorry Everything's happening."

"Can you just wait?" She asked Peter as he covered his face with his hands, turning his back to her. "Peter. Peter." She scolded as she walked over to him.

"What do you want to say to me?" She questioned. "What's the 'one thing'?"

"I have to go to Cali, Peter." She told him. "It's important to me. I mean, I don't know. Maybe we're on different paths right now." She said as they bothe become sadder. Tears welled in her eyes. "You know? I don't know?"

"Maybe we're just..." Luna trails off as she holds back tears, fanning herself.
"Going different ways. I don't-" She bit her lip. "I've gotta go. I gotta go."

"Lu." Peter said, stopping her. She bearly heard it, but turned to look into his sad eyes. "Good luck." He said with two small thumbs up. He had tears pricking his eyes and she smiled at him.

She walked to the desk and was taken up the stairs. She gave him one last look before heading up.

°•

At home Luna and Gwen sit in her room watching a film and all she could think about was Peter.

"Lu?" Gwen questioned shutting the laptop.

"Yeah?" She questioned with a small smile.

"You want to stay don't you?" Gwen asked.

"Yeah." Luna chuckled sadly looking at her cousin as she teared up. "I don't want to leave Peter."

"Hey, it's okay." Gwen said hugging her cousin. "You have to go."

"But-" Luna said as she pulled back.

"I know, I know. But this is an amazing opportunity for you. You have to do it." Gwen encouraged

"Yeah, I know. I'm just gonna miss him so much." She cried as she hugged Gwen again.

"It's okay." Gwen sniffled herself.

"We should probably pack." The girl chuckled. "We are leaving tommorrow."

"Yeah. But first, how about we listen to some of music on your Walkman?" Gwen asked as she walked over to her desk, picking it up with a smile.

"Okay." Luna chuckled.

The two put in a headphone in each ear and began to dance around to the music playing on the old device. Enjoying themselves for the night before they would leave new York.

But, tommorrow would go a little different to what they expected.

°•

Peter walked down an old railway and out of a tunnel after finding out some things about Oscorp.

He pressed on his phone and saw he had one new voice message. He played it and put his phone to hid ear.

"Hey, Parker. Its me." Luna's melodic voice greeted making him smile. "Ugh, I got in to Stanford. And Gwen got into Oxford." She chuckled. "Wooh." She cheered with a giggle.

"It's very exciting. I came by your house a little bit ago and i... um... you weren't there." Past Luna explained as Peter walked out of the dark tunnel.

"And so, we're on our way to the airport right now because there's an early summer class I found out about... for Gwen too." Luna spoke and Peter's expression dropped and he stopped walking.

"I thought that it would somehow be easier, this way, I guess." Luna said shakily as Peter listened sadly. "I think that maybe it's time... to let this go."

On their way to the airport, the cousins were stuck in traffic. Gwen held onto her cousins hand as she saw her red eyes as she thought of Peter.

"And its not because I don't love you." Luna sniffled. "It's actually because I do, so, um, okay bye."

Peter breathed heavily, his eyes red as he tried to contain his tears. He couldn't lose her. He had to go. He had to stop her.

A/n only a couple of chapters left 😱
I thought this book would be longer ngl

Have a great day

- lex