one

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝

"Shut up! I never led you on. It was your stupid fault! You were actually dumb enough to believe that I'd ever gain feelings for you!"

Kokichi Ouma was a liar, and everyone knew that well. He lied. He cheated. He hid. Just like the damned phantom thief he claimed to be.

Kokichi was a liar.

Shuichi Saihara saw through him. He saw through it all. His lies, deceit, façades. Each lie was shone through and torn down. Kokichi couldn't fool him. No lie could.

All but one. One that almost seemed earnest enough to be true.

One lie.

"I hate you, Shuichi."

It started when they first met. In that classroom.

Shuichi and Kaede were wandering the halls together, trying to discover a little more about the school they were trapped in. However, so far, it was proving to be that she and Shuichi were just as clueless as the rest of the students around them.

Shuichi tagged only a few feet behind Kaede, as she was a lot more outgoing than the detective. Shuichi instead observed their surroundings, using his keen eye to scan the halls.

They came up to a classroom, and Shuichi could hear muffled voices inside. He raised his defence instinctively as he and Kaede approached the door.

As they did, the voices became clearer.

"I can not believe you are saying such robophobic things! I've got a built-in recorder, and I will be showing this to the police for sure!"
"Aw, what they gonna do? Give me a spanking?"
"T-that's ludicrous!"

Kaede pushed open the door with one hand, stepping inside cautiously. Shuichi followed suit, allowing the door to slowly swing shut behind them.

There were two boys in the room, one- who had unnaturally pale skin, white hair, with an ahoge that stood to the ceiling like a dagger. And then there was the other, who was short, with purple hair that poked out every which way, and matching purple eyes that reflected the staticky screen at the front of the room. Shuichi stopped breathing for a few seconds, taking a moment to stare at the shorter boy a few feet away from him.

It seemed so familiar. Like he'd seen the boy before. Deja-vu, perhaps?

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." The purple haired boy laughed, folding his arms over his chest.

Shuichi quickly averted his gaze to the floor, humiliated. He had been caught staring, and he hadn't even noticed he'd been doing it in the first place.

Kaede, on the other hand, was completely in awe at the other, slightly taller boy in the room. She was poking and prodding, questioning him about his unusual figure.

"Are you a robot?"
"Uhm- yes. My name is K1-B0, but please call me Kiibo. I am the ultimate robot."
"Awesome! I'm Kaede Akamatsu, ultimate pianist. Nice to meet you!"