seventeen

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝

Kokichi left Shuichi with so many unanswered questions. As if Shuichi wasn't confused enough.

Such questions like 'What were we doing?' 'What did it mean?'. They were buzzing and bouncing in Shuichi's mind, but he didn't know what to do.

But, there was more. The most pressing question being, "What are we?"

Shuichi was afraid to ask. If he did, what would Kokichi say? Would he deny any feelings? Perhaps it would've been better to make sure Kokichi actually liked Shuichi too, beforehand.

Although, why would you make out, let alone almost have intercourse, with someone you had no feelings to? To even reciprocate the sexual actions; that had to indicate some form of intimate attraction.

But even then, what were Shuichi and Kokichi? They weren't friends per se. Were they more than just friends? Surely the actions of the two were enough to signify that yes, they did indeed have some form of romantic connection.

Were they simply friends with benefits? Acquaintances with benefits? Shuichi didn't like that idea. He knew he liked Kokichi in a romantic way, but could Kokichi say the same? What if Kokichi wasn't ready for a committed relationship?

Shuichi had to fight back the blush that came with the thought of possibly being in a relationship with the supreme leader. But so many issues would arise. First, nobody else liked Kokichi. He was rather hated amongst the students. Second, they were trapped in a killing game.

Shuichi wanted to know what they were. Whether it was just a one time thing, whether it was going to continue, exclusively or just as 'friends with benefits'.

Kokichi had never outrightly told Shuichi that he had feelings for him. Shuichi supposed he hadn't outrightly said that, either. Surely his words were enough to convey some form of romantic affection. Kokichi wasn't stupid.

Still though, Shuichi couldn't help but be curious.

Perhaps he was just overthinking.

But nonetheless, that question stuck at the back of his mind, unable to let his consciousness rest.

——— ☆ • ♧ •  :🃏: • ♧ • ☆ ———

Kokichi was too far gone to stop. Now that he had finally fallen into the deep end, there was no escaping. He'd just drown knowing that his plan was foiled by a ridiculously attractive detective.

He was wandering through the school with his hands in his pockets, all of his thoughts directly about Shuichi and Shuichi alone.

Kokichi's plan to win the killing game was overthrown by his own reckless libido. But- he still had a chance. After all, it wasn't like he was in love with Shuichi or anything. No, he could use Shuichi to let his sex drive run wild, and not get hurt in the process.

As long as romantic feelings weren't brought into the situation, Kokichi could refrain from getting hurt and perhaps still win the game.

Would he ever tell Shuichi that? No. Kokichi felt guilty, but for some reason, he felt like what they had done just felt right. Kokichi would never want to hurt Shuichi, but wasn't using him for his own gain like stabbing him in the back?

Kokichi but his lip. He felt torn. Should he use Shuichi and ignore the romantic side of things, or should he just cut Shuichi off? The latter would be better for both of them, but Kokichi felt something addictive around Shuichi.