TWO

Magnolia groaned as sunlight streamed onto her face through the circular windows the next morning. She tugged on the hem of her patchwork quilt and pulled it over her head in a feeble attempt to block out the light.

"Come on, Mags," hummed Amelia as she yanked the vibrant quilt from her grasp.

"Hey!" yelped Magnolia in protest as she sat up in her bed to glare at the girl. Amelia already was in her uniform, and had pinned her Head Girl button to her chest. Her coiled curls fell neatly to her shoulders as she clasped her hands together.

"We have Double Potions today!" she announced to the dormitory.

This time, Magnolia was not the only one groaning in disgust. Hestia huffed and slammed the drawer to her wardrobe closed, her dark skin looking radiant in the sunlight. Meanwhile, Alice strode out of the lavatory with her purple hairbrush in hand as she stifled a yawn.

"I do hope we're with Gryffindor, I can't stand those Slytherins," Alice retorted.

"More like you want to play footsie with Frank," scoffed Magnolia, who finally decided that she probably had to get ready, and was now clumsily pulling on her pleated skirt and tights.

"That's not true!" gasped Alice, her cheeks turning a violent shade of red.

"Your face says otherwise!"

"You lot better hurry up, there's not even enough time for breakfast now!" Amelia chided.

Magnolia finished buttoning up her uniform blouse, and grabbed her wand off of her nightstand in order to quickly tie her yellow and black tie.

It was a complete miracle that Amelia managed to get the other three girls out the circular wooden door of the dormitory.

Magnolia glanced around the Hufflepuff common room as they hurried through it. A gentle fire roared within the mantlepiece, which was humbly decorated with dancing badgers. What could possibly be more Hufflepuff? Above it, the painting of Helga Hufflepuff smiled cheerfully at Magnolia as she darted out the room.

The four Hufflepuff girls were nearly sprinting by the time they made it to the dungeons. Professor Slughorn certainly would only be forgiving towards Amelia, who was part of his precious Slug Club.

The dark classroom was hazy and unpleasant odors lingered in the air. Potions was by far Magnolia's least favorite class. As she scanned the room, she observed that they were indeed with the Gryffindors. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted the Marauders, all bunched together at one workbench. Great.

Meanwhile, Sirius could not believe his eyes when he saw the fiery redhead from the library enter the Potions classroom. Magnolia. She looked exquisite in her Hufflepuff uniform, and he could not help but stare at her (and her curves).

"Oi, Padfoot! It's the girl from the library!" James hissed under his breath.

Sirius nodded, struggling to tear his eyes off of the girl. James was watching him and a smile began to tug on his lips as he pushed his glasses further up his face.

"No fucking way, do you fancy her?" he gasped dramatically, catching the attention of Remus and Peter.

Remus flashed his honey-colored eyes at them with visible confusion. "Fancy who?"

"Magnolia," James informed him smugly, motioning to the red head.

"Magnolia?" Peter repeated with confusion. "Are you sure she's your er—type?"