FOURTEEN

Magnolia tended to find herself extra grumpy around the holiday season. She knew she would be bombarded with questions the moment she entered her parents home. That's why, ever since Molly moved out, she preferred to stay at her sister's place.

The Hogwarts Express ride going through the winter countryside was a beautiful and charming sight. The rolling snowy hills were dotted with old fir trees and the occasional livestock.

Magnolia was dressed in her ugliest sweater hand-knitted by Molly. It featured hues of maroon, deep aubergine, orange and yellow in a slightly off-kilter striped pattern. She paired it with an eccentric pair of velvety maroon bell-bottoms and her favorite boots. A yellow beanie clashed with her fiery locks of hair, and yet, Sirius was smitten.

He sat across from her in the tightly-packed compartment. Remus and Peter opted to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas, as well as Mary and Marlene. Alice had run off to be with Frank already. That left Magnolia, Hestia, Amelia and
the newly formed couple, James and Lily. James and Sirius were sat closely together, whispering amongst themselves.

"Isn't it weird that this time next year, our lives will be totally different?" suggests Lily. "We'll have real jobs, lives, responsibilities,"

"Don't remind me," groaned Hestia.

"I say we make this last school year one to remember," adds Amelia.

Magnolia hummed in agreement. "Anyone doing anything fun for break?"

"My family and I are going to France. I'm going to meet my dream French wizard strolling through the Parisian streets!" Hestia declared.

"Or witch," suggested Magnolia.

Hestia merely crossed her arms smugly. "When's Molly due?"

"A couple months, I think she said sometime in April,"

"Hopefully a girl," piped up James. "I can't handle more Fabians and Gideons running around,"

"Me neither," sighed Magnolia. "Just wait until you meet my nephews, Sirius,"

"Can't wait, babe! I'm great with kids!"

Magnolia and Lily both rolled their eyes at that.

"I reckon we're arriving soon," Lily declared. "There's London,"

She was right. The sky over London was dull and drab and grey. Flurries were falling heavily from above as Magnolia stepped out of Kings Cross Station hand in hand with Sirius.

The two quickly donned their winter coats upon arrival. In that moment, Sirius looked every bit the rich son that the Black family wishes him to be. He wore an expensive looking coat and a finely knit sweater and his jaw looked impressively sharp as he gazed at the city before them.

"Ready?"

He nodded with a grin. Then, they Apparated. Magnolia willed herself to the quaint home in Ottery St. Catchpole, and dragged Sirius right along with her. There was an unpleasant twisting sensation as if being squished through a tube, and then, the sound of birds, chirping.

A wonderful farmhouse now sat before them on a soft blanket of snow. It was a single-story house that had since been added to as Molly and Arthur's family grew. Now, it was around three-ish stories of wonky and borderline illegal architecture, yet Molly had already commented that another addition might be necessary for her growing family. The house sat on a plentiful amount of land including a garden, orchard, and fields.