FOUR

Magnolia felt everything that Sirius had in the kiss that they shared the night before. In fact, she felt like a pathetic school girl the next morning as she took the extra time to apply cherry-flavored lipgloss to her lips. She certainly was not the type of girl to gawk over popular wizards, yet here she was, ensuring her fiery locks were smooth and soft for the day.

The Great Hall was abuzz with chatter and the gentle hoots of owls as Magnolia strode inside. She quickly spotted Hestia and Amelia at the Hufflepuff table and slipped into a seat across from them.

"Morning," Magnolia hastily greeted as she piled toast onto her plate.

Sirius Black felt weird. He simply could not shake the lingering feelings that Magnolia Prewett had unapologetically left upon him and his lips. He sat in the Great Hall amongst his friends, but his mind was really on her and the kiss that they had shared. Never had a girl had such an effect on him before, so why was Magnolia so different?

"You look nice today," spoke up Amelia as she drizzled a generous amount of honey into her tea.

"Almost too nice," added Hestia, squinting her eyes suspiciously at her. "Why do you look so nice? Did something happen at the party last night?"

Magnolia's eyes widened and she set down her glass of pumpkin juice. "Er—well, you see...I may have snogged someone,"

"No bloody way!" gasped Hestia in shock. "That's my girl!"

"Who?"  demanded Amelia nosily. "You must tell us!"

Magnolia opened her mouth to reply but it was left agape as her eyes fell upon Sirius, who happened to already be staring directly at her with his piercing gaze. His pink lips, the same ones that had lit a burning match inside of her, moved into a smooth grin. As the boy reached for a mug of coffee, he flirtatiously kept his steely grey eyes locked on Magnolia. A blush crept onto her cheeks as he placed the mug down and was tore away by James.

"Hello? Earth to Magnolia!" called the voice of Amelia, tearing her away and back to reality.

"Yes?" Magnolia responded in a daze. Hestia expertly followed Magnolia's line of sight to spot Sirius.

"Please tell me you didn't snog Sirius Black!" Hestia cried out in horror.

"What's wrong with Sirius? He's quite handsome!" Amelia countered in defense of the boy, casting a glance at him.

"He's a total flirt! There's a reason he's never held a girlfriend for long. The longest he's ever lasted in a relationship was three months with Persephone Kettlewell!" 

Magnolia resorted to biting the inside of her lip worriedly. "It was just a kiss, Tia, I doubt anything more will come of it,"

Hestia sent her an apprehensive look at her friend before turning back to the Daily Prophet. Meanwhile, the redhead stared down at the piece of toast sitting on her plate.

As Sirius gazed at Magnolia, he came to a decision. He had to talk to her, it just simply wasn't up for debate. Sirius was mesmerized. Her red hair looked extra silky that morning, and the way she was biting her lip made his mind run wild.

"Good morning, Sirius!" cooed Emmeline, forcing James aside so that she could be next to him.

Sirius frowned and glanced over at Emmeline who was twirling a lock of straw hair around her finger. She certainly seemed to have some sort of obsession with him, Sirius had decided. After one brief and drunken hook-up, the girl seemed to turn up more often than an oblivious garden gnome.