THREE

Magnolia had been to her fair share of parties. Hufflepuffs were always stereotyped for being kind and sociable, yet many tended to overlook their fantastic partying abilities. Not that Magnolia was ever one to brag, but she considered herself to have quite the knack for drinking games.

Magnolia slipped on a pair of bell bottom jeans that Hestia insisted were rather trendy with Muggles, and a green top with lacy detail. She made sure to get a 'Hestia Jones Seal of Approval', and she was on her way. That was, until Magnolia realized she didn't exactly know how to even get to the Gryffindor common room.

She strode by the Great Hall, and was fortunate enough to spot a gaggle of Gryffindor girls leaving, and quickly followed in pursuit. Magnolia was less than pleased at the amount of stairs that she was forced to climb up, and felt out of breath when she noticed the girls finally get off the moving staircase.

They paused before a portrait of a rather plump lady in a pink dress, holding a wine glass. Magnolia casually stood a foot or so away, hoping she could get in. What did Gryffindors have to do to get in the common room? Fight? Attest their bravery?

"Password?" drawled the voice of the woman in the painting.

"Dragon pox," squeaked one of the girls in the front.

The portrait swung forward, and in its place was a large hole that they began to climb through. Magnolia scurried inside, gazing around in awe. The room was round, and full of an assortment cozy red armchairs and couches. There was a roaring fire beneath the mantle with a portrait of a ferocious lion above it. It was vastly different from the Hufflepuff common room, yet still exuded comfort and warmth.

It was then that Magnolia came to another realization, she did not know how to get to the boy's dormitory. As she looked around the room, a few faces looked up from their spot to give her a puzzled expression.

"Maggie?"

She whirled around to see her two lanky brothers with their matching flaming hair seated in armchairs beneath a bulletin board.

"Oh great, you two," she groaned.

"Are you lost?" Fabian asked with mock concern.

"Confunded?" suggested Gideon.

"Hilarious. No, you dung brains, I've been invited to a party,"

"Blimey, I had no idea that you had any friends," Fabian chided.

"Is this a Prewett family reunion or something?"

James was standing behind the group with a surprise expression on his face. His Invisibility Cloak was tucked under his arm and his dark hair stuck out in every direction.

"No, it most definitely is not," Magnolia firmly declared.

"Did Sirius invite you?" James wondered, pushing his messy hair out of his face with a goofy smile.

Magnolia nodded sheepishly and a slight smirk appeared on the boy's face.

"Well then, follow me Prewett,"

Magnolia followed James up a staircase that was decorated crimson and gold. There were numerous steps before he finally grabbed the handle of a wooden door and swung it open.

Sirius was getting impatient, and worried that the fiery redhead wouldn't show. James had gone to snag a bottle of firewhiskey from the kitchens, and was yet to turn up either. It was beginning to feel like a lose-lose situation until the door to the dormitory flew open and James stepped inside.

"Prongs! Did you get it?" Sirius cried out impatiently. James triumphantly held up the bottle before striding over to Lily.

Meanwhile, Magnolia scanned the room. It was  undoubtedly messy, and had numerous four-poster beds with scarlet drapes. A toasty fireplace sat in the middle, emitting ample heat. There were various windows, yet it was too dark to see out of any. She noticed Remus and Peter, a handful of Gryffindor girls, and then-