00 ┃ 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐑𝐁

Tactus Mortis| Chapter 00
Chapter 00 | Blurb

━━━━ ⭒─⭑━━━━

Your body shakes uncontrollably as the voices escalate, their demands piercing through the fragile peace.

❝Please, let me tell my family that I love them!❞

❝My husband deserves to know what his sister did to me!❞

❝Help us... Help us... HELP US!!❞

❝I can't. I can't. I can't,❞ you trembled as you covered your ears in hopes of drowning them out, but it was no use.

Just as you're about to succumb to the overwhelming despair, a sudden grip on your shoulders jolts you, and you brace for the familiar mockery of a spirit's deception. Instead, a voice cuts through the chaos, clear and unmistakably real. ❝Hey, Y/N. Calm down. Please, calm down. I'm here.❞

Cautiously, you open your eyes, meeting two pools of green filled with worry.

Your heart wants to believe it's truly him, but your mind rebels, scarred by too many deceptions; too many times than you could count, you found yourself in a similar predicament, yet when you allowed yourself to relax, you found that instead of really being someone you cared for, it was just a spirit playing jokes.

Flinching back, you shook your head, ❝No. No. No. You aren't real. You aren't real. You aren't real,❞ you chant, body curling in on yourself as you expected a spirit's mocking laughter to follow.

Yet, the laughter never comes. Instead, you feel two hands cover the ones you held over your ears.

They were...warm...a sensation both unfamiliar and comforting.

Spirits have never possessed warmth; their touch has always been a cold reminder of their otherness.

Slowly, your breathing steadies under his touch, and you dare to lift your gaze, allowing yourself to truly see him. 

Golden-brown skin that speaks of sun-kissed days.

A wild mane of curls that defied gravity, seemingly untamable, no matter how much it was brushed.

Two gorgeous green eyes that made you feel as if you were lost in a forest of evergreen trees.

And freckles—so many freckles to count—scattered across his nose and cheeks  like stars against the dusk of his skin.

Noticing your attention, Camilo offers a gentle smile. ❝There she is,❞ he whispered, his hands moving from your ears to cradle your face.

❝Y-You're real,❞ you manage, the statement half question, half revelation.

Camilo's smile widens, and he hums in affirmation, his gaze softening as he looks at you. ❝Yeah, Y/N,❞ he gently caressed the side of your face. ❝I'm real.❞

≿━━༺❀༻━━≾

You were blessed with the gift to see the undead.

Though seen as evil and devilish by many, the Madrigals showed you the beauty that comes with it and that your gift doesn't define you.

Now, turning 17, you find that your gift continues to grow; from being able to just see the dead, to being able to allow them to communicate with the living through you.

You find yourself drowning under the pressure from both the living and undead, yet before you can completely hit rock bottom, a certain curly-haired trickster vows to be the one to save you.

≿━━༺❀༻━━≾

⌜𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐥 𝐱 𝐅𝐞𝐦!𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐮𝐦!𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐅𝐢𝐜⌟

╭─↬ ❗𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆❗  ↫─╮
There will be mentions/descriptive scenes of the following:

╭ ⁞ ❏. Death/Mentions of death

Lol, I don't know if I got them all, so if you see anything I didn't list, come back and comment right here so I can add them to the list later ➡

Enjoy (•͈˽•͈)

ㅡ   This book takes place 2 years after the main plot in Encanto, so just think of it as a canon-divergent, since all that happened in the movie stays true.

ㅡ   Also, no smut since Camilo is underage. IDC if he got aged up, it still wouldn't make it any better; 17 is a minor. Now, Uncle Bruno tho 👀 jkjk. Unless??

A few headcanons will be immersed into the story, just to make it a bit towards my liking (you'll know when you see them) and I would like to just paste the link of a few of what I liked; I may or may not include them, who know?

http://hourlyencantohcs.tumblr.com

**Most of these won't be from the reader herself, but fromㅡAAHHH! I want to say it, but I don't want to give away any plots 😭. Just know it won't be the overall theme of the book, just a few scenes. So don't worry, and if it'll make anyone feel better, I'll put a warning in a chapter that has these.

 So don't worry, and if it'll make anyone feel better, I'll put a warning in a chapter that has these