07 ┃ 𝐭𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐣𝐨𝐬

[A/N: bold; indicates an unknown voice.]

━ ⭒─⭑━

As you lay in bed, your mind lost in the world of dreams, you felt at peace.

However, the comforts of your dream were soon broken when you found yourself being woken by the voice of your grandmother, Alejandra. "Time to rise, my nieta."

Creaking open an eye, you were met with your open window. Watching as the sun bloomed on the horizon, its golden rays stretching into the once-night sky, you groaned at the telltale signs of a new day.

Rolling over, you threw your blankets over your head to block out the growing light. "Abuela, please. It's too early," you whined, curling onto yourself.

An airy chuckle was heard as your grandmother gave your head a gentle pat. "It's never too early to start a new day, my nieta. Now come; your presence is needed downstairs." With that, you were left with no one but yourself.

Knowing that she was right, you gave another sigh before heaving yourself out of bed to get yourself together.

As you walked out of your room, cloak draped over your arms, you expected to find your father sitting at the small dining table with breakfast waiting for you, not the bane of your existence, happily chatting with him.

"So I said, 'What is that? Not a houseㅡ'" Before allowing Camilo to finish, you loudly cleared your throat, catching the two males' attention.

"Good morning, my muñequita. How did you sleep?" Your father smiled over at you.

"Yeah, how did you sleep, Y/N? I hope you didn't lose any sleep thinking about me all night," Camilo purred, leaning on his elbow to stare up at you with half-lidded eyes.

Ignoring him, you made your way over to your father, bending down to place a kiss on his forehead before sitting down beside him. "I had a restful night, Pápa. And you?"

"I haven't slept this peacefully in a long time," he answered, taking a sip of his coffee.

Accepting his answer, you reached down to grab a piece of toast from the platter in the middle of the table, only to pick up crumbs.

Looking down with furrowed brows, a shocked squawk left your lips; the platter was empty.

"What happened to the toast?" Your question trailed off as your eyes followed a crumble trial, the crumbs ending up on Camilo's plate.

The auburnet was chomping on the toast without a care in the world, his upbeat hums leaving him with each bite.

"Did you...did you just eat all of the toast?" Your voice was low as you glared over at the teen.

Licking stray jelly off of his fingers before taking an exaggerated sip of orange juice, Camilo gave a shrug. "What can I say? Your father is a talented cook," he smiled before shifting into an elderly man.

"It was toast," you growled, hands clenching into fists, "a whole platter of toast. And you just ate it all like nothing, you overly hungryㅡ"

"Uh, I'll just go make you something else to eat. No need to stress yourself, muñequita," your father awkwardly laughed, interrupting your insult before getting up to head to the kitchen.

As soon as he was out of sight, you stood up, slamming your hands down onto the table with a growl. "I don't know what you're playing at, Camilo Madrigal, but my father is off-limits."