05 ┃ 𝐥𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨

[A/N: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐂 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 "𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨" 𝐈 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐫. 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦~]

━ ⭒─⭑━

"ㅡI knew you were waiting for my demise to get with that Maria woman, you low-down, good for nothing bastard! The fact that you moved on before my body had even settled into the ground tells me everything I need to know! Every day you spend time going to that harlot's house instead of being at home grieving for me! I pray to my ancestors above that you fall victim to El Boraro and he rips your cojones from yourㅡ"

"And that will be all. Thank you very much, Señora Luciana. I will be sure to let Señor Mateo know of your grievances," you told the spirit before sending her away.

As soon as she was dispersed back to the other side, your body gave a tired sigh, your ears still ringing at the ungodly screeches left by the vengeful spirit. You should have known better than to accept Mateo's request; Luciana was a loud woman while living, and death surely didn't put a dent in her voice.

"So what did Luciana say? Did she say anything about me?" Mateo asked, hands holding on to the picture of his recently deceased wife with bright eyes.

You winced at his hopefully face, "Um, yes. She's happy that you aren't too distraught from her passing and wanted you to know that she loves you," you told him, lying through your teeth with a forced smile.

Mateo's shoulders sagged in both sadness and relief. "That's good. Since her death, I've been receiving crocheting lessons from Maria to pass the time," he told you with a sheepish smile, "Luciana always begged me to learn with her, and every time I told her no. Hopefully, the lessons will pay off and she will like the blanket I made for her headstone."

You felt your heart internally crack as Mateo stared down at the picture with sad eyes, gently caressing the frame; oblivious to his dead wife's sadistic wishes for his suffering.

Poor man, even beyond the grave, his wife somehow jumps to conclusions, you thought with a shake of your head. May he never die, or he'll be stuck with her shouts for an eternity, literally.

"Anyways, thank you for your help, Y/N. I will be sure to return for my next appointment," he told you as you held the door open for him.

Shutting the door, you slid down to the ground with a big huff.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, what a bad medium you are, Y/N. Lying to your customers," a voice taunted in your ear, causing you to groan in annoyance.

"Please shut up, Sidero. I'm not in the mood," you said, looking over to the smiling spirit.

Sidero was the first spirit you met when your gift manifested at 5-years-old. After nearly falling victim to pneumonia, you were fortunately healed by Julieta's gift, but due to your near-death experience, it seemed to awaken your gift: the gift to communicate with those beyond the living.

At first, when you told others about the people you would see walking around town, they assumed you meant the townsmen until you began describing them, saying the names of those dead, and even speaking of things that happened before your time.

The town was in shock: a child that wasn't a Madrigal had received a gift?

Many, as well as the adults of Casa Madrigal, were stumped, wondering how you had such a gift when there wasn't a single door within Casita that had your name plastered across its surface.