08 ┃ 𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨

━ ⭒─⭑━

A heavy sigh left your mouth as you exited your little shop, hands aching from separating and unraveling all of the thistles of sage Isabela was so kind to grow for you.

Though tired, you felt yourself grow relaxed from the peaceful atmosphere around you; the colors of fire hearths and mandarins, extending far along the sky cloaked you in an orange-gold light as the sun set below the horizon.

Halfway home, you spot a hunched-over figure in the near distance. The closer you got to the field, the more you were able to make out a familiar yellow ruana. "Is...Is that Camilo?"

Now, you had half a mind to ignore him due to being utterly exhausted from having to spend an entire day surrounded by his presence, but you couldn't help the burning curiosity growing in your mind, wondering what he was up to.

Coming to a complete stop behind Camilo's crouched form, you could only watch as he carefully dug a hole in the ground.

Unable to stand there another second, you cleared your throat to catch the auburnet's attention.

Camilo froze at the sound before letting a deep groan leave his mouth, "Mirabel, I already told you that I'll be home before dinner. Now leave me aloneᅳ" a strangled choke left his mouth, eyes widening once he turned around and saw that it was you, instead of his cousin.

Seeing that you were eyeing the hole behind him, Camilo awkwardly kicked the bundle of flowers to the back before giving you a shaky smile, "H-Hey, Y/N. What are you doing out here?"

"I could be asking you the same, Madrigal. So what are you doing out here? It's almost night," you said, gesturing towards the darkening sky.

"Nothing."

"That"ᅳyou made a show of leaning over to point at the pile of plants behind himᅳ"doesn't look like nothing," you said, eyes narrowing a bit as you took in the violet petals.

Why does that look so familar

"I-It's really nothing," Camilo stuttered, moving over to block your vision. "I just thought it'd do me some good to go out and get some fresh air."

"Then why are you digging a hole in the ground?"

"Because it's...therapeutic?"

When he saw your face, Camilo rose his hands up in defeat. "Fine, you caught me. I'm not out here to get some air, I'm actually here to plant a few flowers in honor of Isabela being such a kind soul and showing me how beautiful nature is."

"What good is that? Isabela can grow thousands of flowers in a second if she chose to. It's her gift, remember?"

Camilo's face fell at your words as if just realizing how right you were.

Before you could open your mouth to take another jab at his obvious lies, Camilo beat you to it.

"You know what, Y/N? If I didn't know any better, I'd think you like me with how much you seem to worry about what I'm up to."

With widened eyes and a burning face, you felt your mind fizzle into molten lava of misery. "Like you!?" You screeched in horror, taking a step back from his cackling form. "I could never! I don't even know why I bothered coming over here." And with an angry huff, you stomped away.

Camilo could only watch as you stormed off, a wave of relief washing over him; he had been on edge the entire day, and seeing you walk up to him in the field had made him even more nervous. He had hoped that you wouldn't notice the flowers he was planting, but of course, you had.