Chapter 1

Henrik's POV

A knock sounded from the front door, making Henrik's head jerk up abruptly from looking down at his phone. He set the phone down on the couch arm and uncrossed his legs. He stood, making his way to the door and opening it.

"H-hi Henrik..." Chase said, looking down at the ground, his naturally pale green hair covering one eye.                                                                                                                                                                                          

"Oh, hi Chase. What're you-" Henrik asked, trailing off when he noticed that Chase had a backpack slung over one shoulder.                                                                                                                        

"Oh." Henrik said, grimacing. "Um... C-come in." He stepped aside to let Chase in.

Chase stepped into Henrik's house and Henrik closed and locked the front door.

"Did she finally do it?" Henrik asked, referencing the hundred times Chase's wife, Stacy, threatened to divorce him.

Chase looked up at Henrik, and nodded.                                                                                                            

"Oh, I'm sorry Chase..." Henrik said, half lying. He'd disliked Stacy from the first time he saw her.

Chase and Henrik had been going to watch the latest superhero movie together, and as they were leaving the theater, Chase pointed out a girl in the parking lot.                                                        

"Isn't she pretty?" Chase had said to his best friend.

The girl had long blonde hair that reached half-way down her back, and was talking to a friend. She had a beautiful smile that just felt... wrong to Henrik.

Henrik had shrugged.

"I've been seeing her everywhere, and I can't stop thinking about her..." Chase said dreamily, not taking his eyes off her, and bumping into Henrik.

"Oh, sorry Hen." Chase said, using the nickname Henrik allowed only Chase to use.                                                                                                              

"S'ok." Henrik said.

"Imma go talk to her!" Chase said abruptly.

That had ended in a date, which led into another, and another, and another.

And then a year later, they were engaged.

Henrik didn't even know if Chase wanted to get married a year into a relationship.

Then they were married.

Two months after they married, Stacy had their first child, Allison. That's when something started going wrong with their relationship.

Chase started texting less and less.

He and Henrik had always done something together every week, but that stopped happening abruptly when Chase and Stacy had come over to Henrik's house, and they were hanging out and laughing.