Chapter 3

Henrik's POV

The movie ended, and Chase got up.

"Okay, I'm gonna go. Thanks for today Hen. It was fun!" Chase said, grinning, before walking away.

Henrik felt a blush rise to his cheeks as he sighed, smiling. He shut off the TV and went upstairs to his room, sitting on his bed.

Ugh, who am I kidding, there's no way he's like me. He thought, sighing again, and falling backwards onto the bed. 

Chase's POV

Chase quietly closed his door, and leaned against it, sliding down until he was sitting. A small glitchy noise made him jump.

"Anti! You've got to stop that!" Chase said, hopping up and moving to sit next to Anti on the bed.

Anti giggled, "Sorry!"

"So what didja do today? Better not have been just sitting here again..." Anti said, side-eyeing Chase.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Chase said, rolling his eyes. "No, I actually had fun today!" He said excitedly, proceeding to recap his day.

"Nice!" Anti said. "And what about Henrik?"

Chase blushed. "Wait, you didn't actually tell Dark, did you?"

"No, he doesn't talk to me that much..." Anti pouted.

"Are you sure?" Chase asked, smirking.

"Wha- yeah!" Anti exclaimed, "Well, no."

"So he does talk to you?" Chase asked.

Anti sighed, "Yeah... Kinda. I dunno." He muttered.

"You liar!" Chase said, shoving Anti.

"Hey! You changed the subject!" Anti pouted, crossing his arms dramatically.

Chase groaned.

"Soooo? Do you like him or not?" Anti teased.

"N- no!" Chase said, unsure.

"If you say so dude." Anti said, then glitched away.

Do I like him? Chase wondered. It was a simple yes or no question, but he couldn't answer it.

********

For the next few weeks, Chase and Henrik hung out every day, and Chase felt himself growing closer to the doctor. But not just as a friend. Soon enough, every time Chase thought of Henrik, he would start blushing. Chase tried to hide his feelings as best he could, but every once in a while he would do something so obvious it was a miracle Henrik didn't notice. Chase was also feeling good enough to start filming his Bro Average videos again. And he was currently coming home from filming one.

Chase unlocked and opened the front door to Henrik's house, he shut the door, and headed up to his room, dropping his backpack full of props and filming equipment on the bed. He trotted downstairs into the kitchen to grab something to drink, and while doing so, noticed that Henrik was sitting on the living room couch reading a book. Drink forgotten, Chase walked nonchalantly into the living room and sat next to Henrik.

"Whatcha doin?" Chase asked, tilting his head to look at Henrik.

Henrik shrugged, and nodded down to the book without breaking concentration. Chase smiled slightly, sliding closer to Henrik and resting his head on his shoulder again.

"Um... Chase... Vhat are you doing...?" Henrik asked, something sounding strange about his voice.

"I'm tiredddd...." Chase whined, moving even more into Henrik's side.

"Vhat vere you doing anyvay?" Henrik asked, setting his book down and wrapping one arm behind Chase and the other arm in front so he was hugging him.

Chase resisted the urge to grin.

"Oh, I was just filming a video to post later."

Henrik nodded.

"Anywayyyy... I gotta go edit it now." Chase said, sitting up normally.

"Bye Hen!" He said, hugging Henrik and trotting off. 

************

-Time Skip-

Henrik's POV

Ok, I'm gonna do it today. I have to tell Chase how I feel... Henrik thought, flopping onto the couch, pulling out his phone. Or not. Maybe if he comes down here...

Chase trotted down the stairs and smiled when he saw Henrik.

Henrik sighed internally. Juuust my luck, scheiße.

"Hi Hen!" Chase said, walking over into the living room.

"Hey Chase." Henrik said, trying to sound like he wasn't absolutely in love.

"So, I'm gonna go help Jackie film something, not sure what yet, but Marv is the fucking worst with a camera and Seán's busy today." Chase explained, setting a bright pink backpack on the floor next to him.

Henrik let out the air he was internally holding and nodded. Chase smiled a little, getting down on his knees next to the couch and hugging Henrik, nuzzling into Henrik's chest. Henrik's face flushed red, he wrapped his arms around Chase, resting his head on Chase's shoulder. Chase stayed there way longer than normal, causing Henrik's heart to race. Henrik finally lifted his head, afraid that if he stayed his heart would burst. Chase sat up, face completely red.

"S- sorry.." He muttered, staggering to his feet while avoiding eye contact by looking at the ground.

"Um.. I- I- I'll see you later Hen..." Chase stuttered, walking backwards, still looking at the ground.

He picked up his backpack and headed to the front door. Henrik stood, suddenly feeling the need to follow Chase through the living room and to the front door. Chase turned, sensing Henrik behind him.

"Henrik, I-" He started, but getting abruptly cut off as Henrik grabbed him, pulling him close into a hug.

Chase flinched, but when he realized what was happening, relaxed into Henrik, letting Henrik hold him. After a moment, Henrik started loosening his grip on Chase, and Chase wrapped his arms around Henrik, pulling him closer, resting his head on Henrik's shoulder.

Wow, he really must've not gotten any affection from Stacy if he wants it this bad... Henrik thought, grimacing, and pulling Chase even closer.

I'll give him as much as he needs, as much as he wants, and even more than that. Anything for Chase-

Chase pulled back, still blushing, and slid his phone out of his back pocket, checking the time. He yelped, and rushed to the door.

"I gotta go, sorry! Bye Hen!" He called, opening the door.

He hesitated in the doorway, and abruptly rushed back up to Henrik, lightly kissing him on the cheek. And before Henrik even had the chance to process what just happened, Chase was already out the house, closing the door behind him.