Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Boy do I love halloween. The scary films, the parties (just don't tell my parents). And taking my little sister trick or treating meant candy coming out of my ears!

"Daisy, Beth is ready to go, are you coming down?!"

"Coming Mom!"

I gave my outfit one final check over..looking good Daisy, looking good... I was 18 last weekend and this year had gone for a more, mature vampire outfit. Short black dress, with mesh sleeves and a star pattern, black heeled, knee-high boots, a cute cape I stole from Beth's costume last year, smoky eyes, dark purple lipstick and hair that had been burnt to a crisp by my curlers. I was totally ready!

I ran down the stairs, my mum handing me a little pumpkin bowl.

"Mom, I don't need one of those I'm good. Remember, I'll be with Beth for an hour, then meet up with the Wilson's at 7:30 on the corner, they'll bring her home and then I'm going over the Sarah's for the rest of the night for a sleepover"

"Yes yes honey I remember you've told me the plan about a million times.Have fun you two!"

This was going to be an excellent halloween....

A FEW HOURS LATER

"You know.....Daisy...you're so cute...I don't know why you've never had a boyfriend...it's awful really"

"Yeah thanks Jack, that's great anyway I gotta go"

Yeah I'll tell you why I've never had a boyfriend Jack, because every guy that goes to our school is either a creep, a drunk or a walking STD. Although I guess Jack fit every category there...But instead of saying that I smiled politely, slipped out from under the arm next to my shoulder and wandered back out into the garden to find my friend.

Shouldn't be hard, Sarah was gorgeous, long brown hair that was straight as a ruler, always shiny, with a smile that could knock you dead, a herd of boys followed her every footstep so all I needed to look out for was the trail of drool and I'd find her.

*ring ring*

Crap...Mom was calling...ok Daisy, sober thoughts sober thoughts..

"Hey mom, how's things?"

"Is this Daisy Stella? My name is PC Miller..I'm afraid there's been a break in at your home, are you able to come back?"

My stomach turned upside down and my head felt heavy.

Why does this feel like my world is about to come crashing down?