Chapter 6 - Breakfast

CHAPTER 6

Motel showers really are crap. Barely any hot water and I'd forced myself to stop questioning their cleaning schedule a long time ago, trust me, it's better to not think about it.

Hmm, what to wear today, jeans, boots and a top? Or jeans, boots and a top? Spoiler alert, I chose my skinny jeans and boots. Looking at the 6 tops I owned, I chose my Dad's old Bon Jovi tour shirt. It stopped smelling like him a long time ago, it had a couple more rips in too but the day I throw this away, is the day my dead body is burnt. 

I was never really a religious time, I thought once your dead, your dead, that's it, your worm food. But that t-shirt, every time I put it on, it was like being back in one of his hugs. 

Right, time to go get that car. I opened the door to find some familiar green eyes standing right in the way.

"Hello, have you been hanging around outside my door all night?"

Dean paused a moment, caught between trying to think of a good reply and his eyes wandering down my body, "errrrr, haha no, no I haven't, no. Sam and I are gonna meet Garth, go get some breakfast so we just wanted to grab you too, talk over the case you know. I guess we should have done that last night but we all got a bit...distracted."

Damn he was cute he looked good last night in the dingy lights of the club, but now, the sun shining on his face, his shirt sleeves rolled up to show a hint of arm muscle, I tried to control the blush creeping its way onto my cheeks. I think if I stared any longer my knees might give way, "I won't say no to breakfast, first I just wanna walk back up to the club and grab my car, if it's even still there, gimme 10 minutes."

He nodded and went back to his room. I started heading up the road, secretly hoping the car would be gone and I could catch a ride with the guys, I saw that same Impala outside the motel last night and man she's a beauty. I'll give the guys respect, they'd took care of it well, it looked almost brand new, from the outside at least.

I wonder why Garth messaged me if he'd already got the Winchester brothers on his tail? The plan was to talk more last night about the case but Dean was right, after the first few shots, the conversation turned to other things and honestly, it felt nice to take a night off. To sit and drink with friends, hear the loud music pumping round the room. Not be looking over my shoulder. I made a mental note to do that more in future.

I rounded the corner into the lot to find it empty...shit...the car really is gone..guess it's the Impala after all.