VI: Growing Up (pt2)

You wake up the next morning as tired as an 18- wheeler truck ( get it cuz there's a lot of tires and... sorry) and fully rotated to the other side of your bed. Your eyes will barely open because they know how little sleep you got last night and are determined to get as many extra minutes as possible. You drag yourself out of bed and stumble into the bathroom to get a quick drink of water. Your hair is a mess but frankly you don't care. Time to get dressed and start your day. You go back to your bed to fix it and decide to check your alarm clock for funsies. It reads 12:31.
You fall back onto your bed and groan into your pillow. You're used to waking up early since you work on a farm but this was ridiculous.
1:45
2:56
4:21
Brrrrrring brrrring your alarm clock goes off
Finally it's 5:30, the time you're actually supposed to wake up.
The last time you had such a sleepless night was years ago when you had the worst fever of your life.
It was going to be tough to work i this condition but you know you have to try anyway. Once you get going, you're sure that your body will move in time and wake you up.

(Time skip 2 hours after a getting ready montage and feeding the barn animals)

"Mí mundo, can you go to town today and get these for me. Gracias."
She hands you a shopping list filled with different ingredients that the farm didn't grow and some other things like fabric, building materials, etc. No problem. You got this! You can do this! You start making your way to town and you're just in time to see everyone waking up.
Windows burst open, doors start flinging wide and propel begin to set up their shops. As you walk, you see the blacksmith getting his fire started and the baker putting up his displays. The sky is pretty clear so you assume Pepa to be in a decent mood. And as you gracefully waltz down the cobblestone-ish road, viewing the magnificent spectacle that is a waking town, you crash head first into some poor child, seemingly a bit younger than you in age. His glasses skid onto the floor, and you both land flat on your rear-ends.

"I really need to start watching where I walk," you think to yourself.

You get up as fast as you can and give the boy his glasses.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going. Hey wait don't I know you?"

"Oh hi. You're y/n, aren't you? Yeah I remember you from the Madrigal's casita. I'm Agustín."
"Yeah you play with Julieta, don't you?"

At the sound of her name, Agustín blushes and looks away. As a master of matters of the heart, ( besides your own of course but you'll just bury that for now because reasonably come on no one needs it pfft yeah no yesterday didn't happen. It was all just a bad dream. You've already forgotten it. It's cool it's fine. You're fine.) you decide to tease him about it a little more.
"Oh yeah Julieta is the best. You know I really love the way she does her hair" you start.

"Yeah when she ties it up in a bun and the loose strands float down around her face and..." He looks over, remembering you're still there, and gets incredibly flustered as you stifle a laugh.

"Well I better get going, Agustín. Adios!"

You skip off, feeling proud to have gleaned this interesting new information.

More people bustling around now: young, old, middle age, short, purple dress, green poncho, mustache, brown pants, tall, all kinds of people giving in to the daily routine of town living. 

You head down to the store of Señor Almohada, who sells yarns and fabrics "made from the greatest wool of the best sheep in the country" as he has told you many a time.

"Hola, y/n!! Comin' to buy more tela para tu madre?"

"Sí, señor."

"Well I won't keep you waiting. Here is everything your mamá ordered from me last time, chica. Que tenga un buen día!"

As you say goodbye and turn to leave, Señor Almohada yells "Oh yeah, chica, some chico came  in asking for you earlier today.  He didn't say what he needed but he said his name was Jorge."

"I don't know any Jorges, Señor"

"Well don't worry about it then. Adios!"
You leave the store, thoroughly confused. Why would someone you don't know be asking about you? You're not even sure if there was anyone in town named Jorge. And Mamá doesn't want you talking to strangers anyway, so you decide it's nothing to worry about and go to finish the rest of your shopping.

With your hands full of different fabrics and some scrap metal and some fruit from the orchard farmers, you start heading home. It's too bad that you're horribly clumsy and the imperfectly balanced tower of fruit starts tumbling everywhere and the metal clangs to the ground.  You heave a sigh and start to pick up the fruit when your hand brushes against someone else's fingers.
You look up and directly in front of you are two soft hazel eyes.

"H-hey, s-sorry I saw you d-drop your things so I c-came to help," says Bruno madrigal.
"Bruno!"
You drop the rest of your things to give him a big hug.
"How are you! Are you feeling better? Nothing happened in town today right?"

"In t-town, what no not in town nothing happened in town. I'm fine," he says, looking everywhere except at you, but you don't care because you're glad to see him.
"I'm glad! And thank you for coming to help me."
"Y-yeah, of course."

Bruno helps you pick up your things and offers to carry them to your house with you.  You cheerfully accept the offer, and you walk together in comfortable silence.  His presence always seems to wash a feeling of serenity and happiness over you that never happens any other time.  When you reach your house ( a little too soon), you open the door and your mother helps bring in the other goods.  She thanks Bruno for helping you and invites him in for some coffee.

"N-no thanks, Señora l/n. Má is expecting me to go help her in town. I t-think she has some more 'customers' for me," he replys, a dissapointed tone in his voice.
"Well, tell Alma hello for me, okay? Bye, Bruno."
You set down the last of your things in the kitchen and run outside.
Bruno is somehow already half-way back to town so you book it as fast as your legs can take you.  By the time you reach him, you're out of breathe but get in one last good leap: good enough to tackle Bruno to the ground.

"You didn't wait for me to say goodbye!" you pretend to be angry and make an overexaggerated frown.
Bruno, on the ground under you laughs.
"Lo siento. Adios, y/n"
You get up and help him up as well.
"Adios, Arenito."