{6} Arataki Itto Is Not Mine

It goes without saying that I have a very unhealthy obsession with fictional game characters and  fictional men. I don't deny it, and I fully embrace it because these fictional characters are catered to busy women like myself who really have nothing better to do than to fangirl.

Do my parents think I'm crazy? Absolutely.

One game I play quite often is Genshin Impact, a game made for people to either chill and relax or to gamble their money away to get a five star. Technically, real money isn't a requirement, but the chances of getting a five star character with money is a lot easier than grinding the game for primogems.

Behold my woes.

This new character called Arataki Itto got released, and I desperately wanted him. Like you do not understand. I needed him. He was supposed to be mine.

He is an amazing himbo with such a wholesome shounen anime protagonist vibe. It would be as if Naruto and Jiraiya shared the same braincell and created a fictional character out of it. Man has the loyalty and strong sense of duty that I write about in my male leads.

I know not everyone is a weeb, so I will explain how amazing Itto is in Wattpad terms.

He is the mafia boss with the antics of a typical playboy and is amazing with children. A man that has Damon's personality but knows how to be strict like Ibrahim. Like is there anything more perfect? Literally a dream guy in game form.

Now this is why I need him. Itto is a tank character, meaning he has lots of health and shield bonuses to keep your team alive in the game. His voice lines are enough to distract me for hours. He legit beatboxes on your birthday as if he couldn't get any more perfect.

"Why are you writing about how you failed to get your Genshin character? Don't you have work in the morning?" my brother asked without me realizing that he was looking over my shoulder at what I was writing.

"Shut up. It's my book."

"And you think talking about how perfect Itto is will help you get him?" he tilted his head at me. "You do understand that you live in the real world, right?"

I turned to him with a glare. "I do not appreciate this disrespect for my simping."

"Everything about your simping is disrespectful."

"Out."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Your loss."

Now, where was I?

Ah, yes. I tried to roll for Itto about fifty or sixty times. In Genshin Impact, you roll for characters on their banner and ten wishes guarantees at least a four star and Itto is a five star character, meaning it takes more effort to get him. Basically, I used around sixty wishes.

I failed. Every. Single. Time.

Naturally, I went to my friends to complain about the heartbreak I felt and the overwhelming sadness at not getting the character I simped for. They were not impressed.

It's important to note that my friends know I have fans of my writing and people who simp for my male leads, which is why they think I'm deranged for being obsessed with fictional people when I write about it so often. In my defense, the beauty of writing is creating male leads that pander to different types of people.

A dating sim in book version. I can guarantee a lot of us wanted to be Tasneem in some of her heated moments. Don't lie. 

Getting tired of my woes, Zeno's eyes sparked with mischief. "Alright," he said, leaning over with a smirk playing on his lips. "Go on your Instagram right now, and tell your followers that you're a simp."