Part 1

Note: Since this is an RP, I will be labeling each RP post for clarification. H for Hige's posts, and C (Cake) for my posts.

———
C- The morning forest was mostly silent as the blood-red sun rose above the horizon, casting its long shadows along the earthen ground. It matched the autumn leaves that burned the color of the trees akin to a dying flame.

Near the entrance of a cave, there were crushed trees and saplings strewn out, large, unsteady footprints, and blood. A trail of blood leading towards the cave.

H- They pause at the 'clearing', heart hammering in their chest as they surveyed the carnage. If they were smart - which normally they were - they'd listen to their instincts and leave - fast, exit stage left, go home, but their curiosity tugged at them - curiousity... and...something else.

Carefully, they tread through the shattered splinters of bark and puddles of blood towards the cave. The closer they got, the more their insides screamed to leave. Whatever had been injured was obviously huge, and whatever had potentially killed it - must be even bigger. What if they were intruding on something very nastys meal time? Even if they weren't, injured animals were rarely friendly - whatever was in here probably wouldn't be very happy to see them...

*But what if  it's Eli's blood?* They find themself thinking - and, oddly, they feel a mix of both gratification and concern. He would certainly deserve whatever had happened to him...but, at the same time, they didn't wish death upon the giant.

Swallowing the lump in their throat, they step into the cavern, shadows coating them in the cold gloom.

C- As the morning light drifted into the mouth of the cave, Sam was soon met by a towering creature lying on its side and covered in blood. His entire body was covered in long laceration that tore through his clothing, and his right arm was pretty much reduced to pulp.

A slow, heavy, labored breathing filled the cave. The giant was asleep.

H- Their eyes widen at the sight, heart catching in their throat as hazel eyes raked over the broken giant. "What happened to you?" They find themselves whispering aloud, shock pulsing through them.

They eye the surrounding cave, skin crawling with the urge to flee. What could possibly do all this to a giant? Another giant perhaps? But why?

Something inside them aches to look upon the creature, something sharp and tight.

C- The slow breathing stops suddenly. Animalistic silver eyes opened wide to glisten through the darkness, though their glare was more tired than threatening. The giant was clearly too weak to move.

"F....fuck off," the giant grumbled. He groaned as he shifted in position to curl up around himself. His breathing grew slow and heavy once more.

H- They tilt their head, unused to getting anything less than the treatment Eli and Mega Karen had shown them.  They're glad it isn't Eli, both because they, surprisingly didn't wish to see him hurt, and because he likely would have ripped his own arm off just to eat them one last time for waking him. This one seemed promising to interact with so far, though they kept their distance.

They study him, fascinated, eyes flicking from his head to the lacerations along his body - then to his arm. They wondered if he was cold.... Probably. Maybe? Did giants get cold? They seemed relatively close to humans in most regard. Wait, why did they care? He'd surely have eaten them by now if he was able to. Something twists inside them and they take a cautious and bold step closer, wanting to get a feel for his wounds.  They hadn't brought much on this hike - a simple medical kit with enough to stitch maybe..one of his lacerations, or several small ones if he allowed, but definitely not enough to be much help.