Part 13

C- Their trip went mostly smoothly, though the day gradually passed, and dark storm clouds crossed the sky, blocking out the sun. The vampires that joined were now able to travel without the sting of sunlight. By the time they arrived by the school where the UL resided, it had already begun to rain, and wind whipped through the tree branches fiercely. Lightning flashed through the clouds and thunder shook the earth. Daki grumbled in annoyance, though there wasn't anything they could do about the rain.

Rhyka took the lead by the tree line, instructing assorted groups of monsters to flank the opposite sides of the school. She then turned to Daki, Sam, and Iro's companion, who introduced himself as Kole Krynne, and would be their partner during this raid. Daki had an idea Rhyka might have been setting them up with Kole just so he could keep an eye on them.

"Once we breach the entrance, you three will go inside to retrieve any captives within, understood?" Rhyka's tone spared no room for questions. Daki finally set Sam onto the ground, nodding.

H- "No idea what's goin on, but sounds good to me" Sam says with a soggy thumbs up, eyes alight with energy.

They were uncomfortably drenched and feeling adequately like a drowned rat, but, an excitement buzzed inside them....They were here. Against all odds, they were here, and they could save Lexie - and other creatures that might be locked up inside this hell hole! They shudder, both from the chill seeping into them - and from jittery eagerness.

They find it kinda funny that they're working with Mega Karen now. That wasn't something they had expected in their life time - but the past year has been full of surprises!

C- Rhyka narrowed her eyes. "Don't screw this up, human, or I'll kill you myself"

With that she turned and left with some of the others toward the back of the school. Iro remained at the front, then hurled a glowing spear at the entrance of the school. A booming explosion blasted the front doors open. With an enraged roar, he went running through the entrance. Legion members poured outside into the rain. Bullets fired. Iro crushed a stone within his fist, and a shockwave seemed to repel the bullets away from him. He took out a spear with his other hand and began impaling and slicing through the Legion members, clearing a path at the front of the building.

Kole nudged Daki with a low growl. "Our cue,"
He shrank down to his camp form and began running towards the entrance. Daki shrunk down as well and began to follow after him.

H- Sam snorts, "jokes on her because if I screw up, I'm pretty sure 50 other things will kill me first!" they say cheerily.

They aren't sure where this energy came from - maybe it was the static clinging to the air - or the eagerness to commit a prison break - they aren't sure.

They lag behind the two camoe'd giants, star struck by Iro's strength and the resulting light show. They only notice the two have moved when they look over to voice a question, "Do you think I could learn- Oh! We're going." They're almost sad to miss the action, but, they had their own role to play.

They half-jog half-limp to keep up with the two, their soaked shoes squelching loudly in the mud. Eugh it felt so weird to run in wet shoes - but, they had to focus! There was so much going on.

C- The path had been mostly cleared by Iro, while the groups to the sides and the back of the school were collecting most of the fire.

There were sounds of people screaming, shouting, and gunshots coming from the cafeteria. A couple of civilians fled into the halls, unarmed and terrified, before seeing Iro with his spear, and they turned, narrowly managing to flee out into the rain.

Daki sniffed the air once they were inside, then his brows furrowed. "I can smell a werewolf inside, but no giant, Sam. She might be gone."

"No use standing around here. That werewolf has to be freed from these motherfuckers anyways," Kole snarled, twitching towards the scent. "We have to keep moving."