Part 2

H- They make a choked noise of surprise, their heart leaping into their throat as he pulls them behind him.

"What? Why?" They whisper back, fumbling in their pocket for their knife.

They can sense his tension, his fear, and it terrified them....what scared a giant?

The snick of a knife popping open fills the cave, but they don't move, determined to see what had caused his reaction. They hoped whatever it was, would simply pass on, but if it didn't, well...

They'd figure that out as it went...

C- Two giants drew closer. Their surprisingly light tread could faintly be heard as they approached. For a moment, Daki debated what to do. He could run. But he was still weak. They would catch up with him. He could hide deeper in the cave and hope they passed, but his scent reeked the bloody scene. Either option wasn't looking good.

After a brief debate, he grabbed for the human again and ran. The two other giants ran after him. He scanned the forest up ahead for anything he could use for his advantage. The mountainside loomed to his right, and to his left, a steep slope led downward. He took the left, almost tripping over his own feet as he ran. He was already exhausted and starving, but his adrenaline was the only thing really keeping him going.

H- Another startled noise as he grabs them, and its an active effort not to stab him in their surprise. To their credit, he didn't even get a cut.

"What are you doing?" They rattle out.

They catch a glimpse of the pursuing giants, and ice-cold understanding washes over them. Hazel eyes widen, shot with fear and confusion.

So many 'whys' played in their mind.

C- Daki didn't have the breath to respond as he kept running. Down the mountainside. Weaving through the trees. He tripped over his own feet from the steep slope, hurling himself into a tree. He narrowly caught his fall with one arm, while holding Sam with the other out of the way of the impact. He caught his breath and kept running.

"You can't keep running, Outcast!" One of the giants taunted.

"We've got you! You're DEAD! DEAD!" The other shouted after them.

He skidded down the slope with the sides of his feet, spotting a road up ahead. He jumped over the road, and ran towards an old metal-roofed barn in an overgrown pasture meeting the road. It was shelter. It was broken down, but it was shelter.

He ducked and skidded inside, dropping Sam on the ground as he barred up the door and held it shut. The place had been abandoned for years. The foundations didn't seem strong. Daki prayed that they'd hold well enough to hold the giants off.

A deafening pounding struck the barred door to the barn. Daki's legs buckled under the impact, but he reinforced his stance, pushing back against the opposing force.

"You can't run forever, freak! We're going to fucking kill ya like you fucking deserve!" One of the giants voices shouted, pounding again on the door in repetition.

There were sounds as the other giant moved around the barn to try to find another opening, occasionally pounding on the various walls along the way.

H- Sams heart rammed in their chest. "What's going on? Wh- what did you do?" they ask, baffled as to why giants would want to kill each other so badly. Their grip was tight on the knife, the only comfort they had as their mind reeled and they tried not to just break down on the spot.

Think, think. They look around the barn, searching for exits and entrys first and foremost. THey study the rafters, the layout, looking for anything to help them in this situation. They weren't going to escape this, they'd need to fight, but...how? They could climb into the rafters and jump down on a giant if it came in... or crawl out of a convenient hole and try stabbing them in the knees while they weren't looking....Could they really pull that off, though? could they?