Part 8

H- Weeks came and passed, Sams days blurring together as their work schedule resumed, cutting their time in the woods to rare days and brief hours.  They didn't meet any one else out in those woods during these days, and they found a disappointing lack of any evidence giants existed in them at all. It was kind of disappointing. They hoped Daki - and to a degree - Eli were ok...

Of course, with the disappearances of their coworkers came questions - investigations they really didn't want to deal with. They explained a bear had attacked their camp, and in the drunken chaos, they had simply lost track of the others. The blood found at the camp explained the rest, really.  There was a brief search for the bodies, but they had vanished without a trace, and left the case cold.

Of course, the one other survivor had insisted on his own side of the tale, telling anyone who would listen, that a giant monster had attacked them and ate the unfortunate two...But the tales of a drunk were seldom worth the salt in their pockets, and obviously monsters weren't real.

Though Sam did recieve several strange visits from people they suspected were with the U.L.
It was hard to tell, as they weren't the best at communicating with them, and Sam saw no reason to amend this.

By some lucky miracle, they had gotten Halloween off! They hadn't had time - or passion to put effort into a real costume - unused to getting holidays off - but, with some simple contacts, some cheap eyeliner, and a pair of fake fangs, they did their best impression of a badly camoe'd giant they could muster.

They thought this was funny, personally.

They were excited for Lexie to see their costume, and eager to see what she dressed as. They had no real plans, but they were certain they could think of something if Lexie accepted their offer to hang out

C- Lexie eagerly complied upon the invitation, excited to hang out with her human friend on perhaps her favorite day of the year. She tried out a different route for her Halloween costume, wearing wolf ears, torn, bloody clothing, and make up to make her look all beat up. She even put some grey powder in her red hair to make it look more wolf-like and take on the role of the Big Bad Wolf for Halloween. It was a funny idea, and she and her parents had originally intended to hand out candy before Lexie got the invitation. It was a shame, because her dad had a matching costume of a biker-adaption of Red Riding Hood with a leather jacket and a basket of goodies to give out to the trick-or-treaters.

Lexie sent back a quick text to Sam, saying she would love to hang out, and asked where they planned to go so she could meet up there.

H- They replied that they weren't sure, but maybe they could find things downtown to do. They'd never really *done* anything on halloween besides trick or treat - or hand out candy - or work... But they heard of haunted houses, and those puzzle houses you have to clue your way out of, and mazes, and parades...they wished to see what was so poppin about the holidays. Maybe they would find it downtown.

C- Lexie texted back that she'd be there, and hurried out the door and grabbed their bike to meet up with them. She didn't live far from down town, with Autumn Ridge being a smaller town and easy to access via bike riding or simply walking.

There was a decent amount of foot traffic along the way, and the half-giant grinned as she saw all the little kids in their fun costumes.

She was just rounding the block  around the central square of downtown when a loud tremor shook the earth, nearly knocking her off her bike. She slammed on her brakes and managed to grip a light post to avoid being hurled off of her bike. She stepped off, looking up at the sky in confusion. It was getting late, though she couldn't see any thunderclouds. Those tremors weren't coming from the skies, though.