three - she's like us

I close my eyes to embarrassed to open them.

"Elliot?" The boy said causing me to open my eyes seeing Elliot walk out of our hiding spot.

"I can explain." he had his hands above his head as if he was being arrested. I stood up wiping the dirt off my jeans pushing my hair behind my hair. Walking towards Elliot.

"Elliot I swear to God if she saw something-" My roommate said.

"Joy you don't need to worry, she's like us." my eyes widened. "us?"

I standstill panning my curious eyes over the group. Everyone was now staring at us. Besides one, the one in the back who seemed more curious than irritated like the rest.

"Uh... I'm Max." I smiled softly.

"Nobody cares." she spat. The smiling quickly turned upside down.

Elliot stood silently next to me, "You need to hear me out." he paused and walked towards the group, "I know we have maxed our limit, but with all of our powers we couldn't be stopped." they all looked at each other.

"The more people we have the easier it is to be caught." one boy said.

"But Max is the most powerful of all of us," Elliot said, "She's our lucky charm." My eyes widened, I shook my head with confusion.

"I honestly don't know what you're all talking about." I managed to get out.

"What's your power?" Joy interviewed, "Let me guess, do sparkles and pixies fly around whenever you're in danger?" she's announced sarcastically.

"Daniel!" someone yelled making the curious boy knock out his daze, "Do you see anything?"

"No," he said while his eyebrows furrowed together.

"What do you mean you No?" the last boy said. But he didn't answer instead he went back into his daze. I had so many questions that I was too afraid to ask as everyone argued looked at the floor silently.

"Max, what powers do you have?" the last boy asked I think I'm the mix of arguing I heard the name Key get thrown out.

"I think Eliot said it was Telek-" I shuddered, "Telekinesis or something." I shrugged but I was surprised when no one had anything to say. I looked up from the floor running my eyes crossed the group, even Daniel had his eyes on me.

"Let's see." Joy said. I raised my eyebrows.

I pause, "I don't know-how." I admitted. She rolled her eyes.

"Let's stop wasting our time." she sat back down and the rest followed her. Elliot exhaled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"It was worth a try," he answered. I didn't know what to say. I didn't expect this to happen. Other people like me, but why. Elliot began to walk away, and I follow until Daniel spoke.

"Elliot's right," he spoke quietly walking out of the shade, making my view of him better. His eyes were the first thing to catch my attention one blue as the other brown. But couldn't distract me long enough from his substantial beauty as his hair blew freely in the wind. I shook my head as he begins to speak again.

"Elliot saw her use her power, " he paused well looking into the group, "She could be our lucky charm. " his voice was very soft, I was hardly able to hear him, but then he looked up from the group and his eyes met mine. I looked away instantly when we made eye contact. But after that distraction, I couldn't understand how Daniel knew that information. He could only know if Elliot told him, but by everyone's reactions, it was nearly impossible possible he did.

"Why don't we give her a chance," Elliot spoke.

"I am still confused about what exactly we're talking about?" I spit out, demanding answers in the most undemanding way.

"We're getting out of this place," The other boy Seven replied.

"Here?" I questioned, "Why? I just got here." I spoke. I wasn't familiar with their backstories but I was aware it could be similar to mine and I didn't want to go home. I never want to go home ever again. They all sat staring up at me, joy seemed unimpressed as the rest listened. Daniel stood near the group keeping his distance from me. He seemed wary of me, was it because of my powers?

"I'm not opposed to you helping you all, but it's a lot to take in. Can I think about this?" I questioned. Daniel nodded seemingly disappointed, as the rest besides joy nodded in agreement. With that I left with any other words, Elliot stayed with the group as I took the path back. I decided not to go to any other classes today telling the teacher I didn't feel well and I needed to lie down. Hoping they'd understand "the first day of school jidders"

I stood at the window in my room, glaring out at the lake once again. It's impossible, my life must be a no-stop dream. There were so many questions I wished I asked. That night I laid soundly and sleepless on my bed. Even more restless than the first night. I stare out at the empty room as the rain soothed me a bit as sprinkled on my window.

Two main questions were stuck in my mind. One what does this mean for me? If I were to "hypothetically go with them" I could worry my parents or get in trouble with the police for running away. What was their plan? And second, what were they? They weren't regular people. After those thoughts, my eyes grew heavy and I fell into a deep slumber.

The next morning I struggled to get to my feet, as I sat up slumped over on my bed. It was nice there was at least the sun shining, the rain makes me even more depressed.

I quickly got ready and hurried my bag together well eating a granola bar. But for some reason, I was eager to go to class, without realizing I was thirty minutes early. I knew it wasn't the thought of listening to a boring lecture about mood control. It was hard to admit I was excited to see them. That group, hoping they would be in my classes today, just to study them knowing I wouldn't talk to them.

When I left my room I held my head down, not allowing myself to look up. I found myself taking the same path as I walked on the first day. The halls seemed emptier because I was still a bit earlier than I'd like to be. I walked as slow as possible trying to waste time, but time kept slowing down. Suddenly I glance up to find myself standing in the middle of an empty hallway with no one in sight.

I glance back and forth then over to the clock that hung on the wall, time seemed to be frozen. I stared at it for a bit longer to my surprise nothing happened. Maybe the clock was just broken, I thought to myself. Which was the most reasonable excuse. I snapped out of it and continued down the hallway, to finally see some students from afar. As I got closer to them everything seemed dull and calm, not like the hallways were yesterday. Until I got nigher and realized they weren't moving at all.

-