7. Confession

A week passed and situation remained the same. [F/N] would try to talk to Gouenji and he would strictly refuse to any requests and pleadings she made. He would try to avoid her at all cost except when they were in class together where he had no choice. Even then, he would not talk or look at her. He pretended she was invisible to him and this hurt [F/N] like a knife cutting down her heart in pieces. She tried to sit beside him like she always did in class but he changed his seat and went to the back where there were no other seats for [F/N] to join him.

"At least give her a chance to explain. " Tsuki tried to convince Gouenji once again.

"What does she have to say now? I heard her loud and clear the other day. All she will do now is lie, to cover up her mistake. I cannot trust her again." Gouenji replied firmly.

Defeated again, Tsuki returned to her room where she found [F/N] silently looking at pictures of herself and Gouenji on her phone with tears rolling down her eyes. She felt bad for [F/N] but she had done all she could to help her sort it out. She sat beside her and lightly squeezed her hand as a reassurance that it will be alright. She was determined that even though she had failed so far she will eventually figure something out to help her best friend. [F/N] responded with nothing but an expressionless stare with her teary eyes.

Two days later Tsuki finally came up with a plan. It was very simple and she didn't even know if it would work but she had to try it.

It was 5 in the evening and Gouenji was relaxing in his home when suddenly his phone buzzed. It was a text from Tsuki,

Can I have the notes from today's class? I couldn't write all of it.

'Yes sure' Gouenji sent a reply.

Thanks a lot. I am coming over to get them.

'You're welcome.' Gouenji ended the conversation.

Tsuki smiled to herself. Her plan had begun. She looked over to where [F/N]'s bed was and found her lying there pretending to read. Tsuki knew she was pretending because of the lost look [F/N] had in her eyes. She was definitely thinking about Gouenji again. It's pretty much all she did those days.

"Hey [F/N]... listen" Tsuki tried to get her out of her trance.

"Y-y yes what?" [F/N] almost exclaimed, startled.

"I'm going to Gouenji's house to pick up some notes. I'll be back in an hour." Tsuki informed her.

[F/N] didn't reply anything just gestured with her head that she heard her.

Tsuki walked towards the door but before she could exit the room she checked her phone and pretended she had a text she turned to [F/N], "Oh no, the writers' club is holding an impromptu meeting and I have to be there right now. [F/N], could you please go over to Gouenji's house instead and bring me the notes? It's really important." She requested.

"You know very well he doesn't want to see me." [F/N] replied nonchalantly.

"I know and I wouldn't put you in this situation if there was any other way. Please [F/N], for me." Tsuki grinned and tried to convince [F/N].

"Fine." [F/N] sighed and got up to get ready.

"Thanks a bunch. I'll inform him." Tsuki lied and left the room. Her plan had worked fine so far. "I really hope they sort it out this time." She whispered to herself.

Gouenji was reading a book when he heard the doorbell ring. "Must be Tsuki" he murmured to himself and got up to open the door.

"You! What are you doing here?" He exclaimed irately as soon as he saw [F/N].

"Tsuki sent me here. Didn't she inform you I was coming instead of her?" [F/N] responded.

"No, she didn't tell me." Gouenji spoke in a low voice, "Just wait here, I'll bring the notes." And then he left the room. [F/N] just stood where she was and started fiddling with her fingers. The tense atmosphere was making her feel uncomfortable. After a while, Gouenji returned with a bunch of papers.

"Here. " He said handing it to [F/N]. "You may leave now." He added turning his back to her.

[F/N] was shocked at his behaviour. She knew he was angry at her but she never thought he could be so cold.

"Gouenji I-I..." [F/N] began to speak. She thought it was a good opportunity to try to apologize to him since he couldn't avoid her now.

"I said leave!" Gouenji interjected making [F/N] step back a little with fright.

"I'm sorry." [F/N] began in a barely audible voice. Tears started rolling down her cheeks but she continued between occasional sobs, " I'm sorry I hid the truth from you but I never meant to hurt you. I..." She was cut off by Gouenji.

"You were selfish, [F/N]. You broke my trust." He turned to her, "What's your excuse for it? Answer me!" He glared at her.

" Yes! yes! I was selfish okay!" She suddenly screamed. She had had enough and she couldn't take it anymore. "I know I have made a huge mistake but you will never understand why I did what I did. You never had to suffer like me. You don't know what it's like to fall in love with someone and to have this bitter realization that you will never ever get to meet them even once and tell them how much you care about them."

She paused for a moment to take a breath and control her tears which were streaming down her face now, "I never thought I'd see you standing right before my eyes telling me you loved me." she continued, "It was literally a dream come true. It's what I wished for more than anything in my life. I thought about you day and night wishing desperately you were with me and it hurt so much to realize that the wish will never come true.

But one magical day, fate proved me wrong. I felt like I was in heaven whenever I was with you. I had all the happiness in the world and everything was perfect. I just wanted it to last a little longer and I got carried away and made a wrong decision but I regret that decision every single day. What do I have to do to tell you how sorry I am?!" With this she fell on her knees, crying and covering her face with her hands.

Silence covered the atmosphere and not a single sound could be heard except [F/N]'s occasional sobs. Gouenji stood there completely still. He was dumbfounded by [F/N]'s confession. He was slowly realizing her misery. All this time he had been angry at her for hurting him when he had no idea how long she had suffered.

And then, [F/N] felt hands on her shoulders. She got up, looking down, not facing Gouenji but she was then pulled into a hug by him which caught her totally off guard. When she had confessed her true feelings, she didn't know if that would make Gouenji forgive her. She just wanted to tell him how she felt, that's all. But now she was relieved that he had finally stopped being angry at her. She hugged him tightly, resting her head on his chest.

"I'm sorry I treated you so harshly." Gouenji spoke softly.

[F/N] didn't say anything because she still hadn't completely stopped crying. After a while, they broke apart. [F/N] had composed herself in this time.

"I'll be going now." [F/N] spoke.

"Will you be ok?" Gouenji asked.

"Yeah" She responded. She was happy that he was back to his sweet and caring self again. Oh how she had missed it!