8. Home

And just like that, [F/N]'s life was beautiful again. She had gotten through the biggest storm of her life and all she expected now was love and happiness. With Gouenji by her side, she felt like there was nothing in the world that could bother her. She could be happy for the rest of her life.

Fifteen days passed almost in a blink. Now isn't it the way? When you're having a good time, it seems as if time speeds up and that's exactly how [F/N] felt. In fact, she didn't even realise it until one-day Gouenji called her over to his house. He said he needed to talk. That worried [F/N] a bit because he sounded serious but she tried to brush off her worries.

"It's not like he's going to break up with me. Why would he? He loves me. I'm sure it's nothing." She repeated in her head over and over again as she made her way to his house. She nervously rang the doorbell. She kept fidgeting until Gouenji opened the door. He smiled and invited her in. As soon as she entered she asked, "So what is it you wanted to talk about?"

"Please take a seat first. This is kind of important." Gouenji replied politely.

This worried [F/N] even more. "No, tell me now." She blurted.

"Fine." Gouenji took a deep breath and began, "There's no easy way of saying this but..." he hesitated.

"Yes?" [F/N] stared at him with curiosity.

Gouenji looked away and quietly continued, "I'm leaving in two days... as in going back to my world."

[F/N] froze as soon as the words reached her ears. She felt like the ground underneath her just slipped away. Just when she had started to think everything was perfect, it was all being taken away from her. She didn't know how to respond to that.

"You-you're leaving?" She managed to speak after about ten seconds of silence.

"I have to." Gouenji replied in a low voice. He was concerned about how [F/N] was taking the news. He reached out to hug her but suddenly she pushed him away.

"How can you do this to me?!" She screamed with tears streaming down her face, "We just got back together and now you're telling me you're leaving? Why?"

"I'm sorry and I hate to do this but I have to. I must go back."Gouenji tried to reason with her. [F/N] came closer and hugged him, resting her head on his chest.

"Don't." She pleaded.

"But all my family and friends are there and they must be worried about me." Gouenji spoke softly, resting his head on hers.

"But I am here." She made another attempt of convincing him.

"But I don't belong here." Gouenji managed to answer. It hurt him to leave her just as much as it hurt her but he knew he couldn't stay with her forever. He knew there were people waiting for him to come back. There were responsibilities he had and duties he just couldn't turn away from. He had to make a sacrifice. He had to give up his happiness and unfortunately, [F/N]'s happiness had to be sacrificed with it. He didn't want to break her heart but he had no control over it.

After about a minute, [F/N] finally calmed down and wiped away her tears.

"Are you going to be ok?" Gouenji asked her.

"Yeah, I am ok." She responded but Gouenji could clearly see she was lying. "I think I should go." She added.

"Let me drop you home." He offered.

"It's alright. I can go by myself." She tried to be polite.

"It's getting dark out, you shouldn't go alone." Gouenji insisted. Oh, how he cared for her! She was certainly going to miss that.