First

"Come on, Geralt, open that damn door or I'll freeze to my death here" I murmured into the cold air right in front of the doors of Kaer Morhen. 

It was winter, that was true. And I was a witch, that's another valid fact. So, why didn't I simply broke the lock or opened a portal right into the home of the Witchers, you may ask.

Well, it is mainly because none of the Witchers, mainly Geralt, my buffy big brother didn't know that I was coming to visit him. Not like he would want to see me right here after so many years of not seeing each other, of course.

But you can't just resist the calling of the chaos. That was something I had learned during the years of being a witch.

Out of the blue, the heavy wooden-metal doors opened up and a male, who I didn't recognise at first showed up in the doors right in front of me. Poor guy, he probably didn't expect anyone, especially not a wandering witch here in Kaer Morhen. He seemed suprised and shocked at the same time. 

However, I didn't expect him to know my exact name right at his first sentence. "N-Neria? Neria of Rivia?"

Geez, thanks Geralt. He probably warned everyone of tearing their balls of or something like that in case of hurting me.

I immediately began defending myself, even when not knowing what my precious, hunky brother told the others before. I put on a smile and tried my best to give a positive first impression the the guy, no matter what Geralt had told about me before.

He usually makes an imaginary picture of me being a sweet, shy little girl to even the horny big boys, as well. Of course, it didn't meany that this man in front of me wanted to take me to his bed immediately, he rather seemed a peaceful, peace-loving one with that sweet, but surpised smile. He kinda reminded me of...

Holy smokes. The recognision hit me like a heavy rock falling right onto me, from the top of a mountain.

No, like an entire mountain falling onto me. That's a better metaphor.

"Dandelion?!" I squeaked like a hyped chipmunk, excitement flowing through my veins like a wild, untamable river. As the memories of him, that delightful bard swam in front of my spiritual eyes, I almost broke up in tears. I couldn't hold back every tears when jumping onto his neck, into a warm, welcoming hug. I drilled my face into his then muscular, inhaling his pine-like scent. "I can't believe it's you! How long haven't I seen you? I can't even remember"

The man laughed into my frozen, darkbrown tufts, his breath tickling my left ear, making me smile. He closed his robustic arms aroud me, holding as close as he just could to himself. "I don't know. But I missed you, you know that, right?"

"I could guess it from your reaction" I chuckled. "By the way, I have heard your songs are spreading like a strong virus among people. I haven't heard any in full version yet, so you must sing me one of them"

"Anything for the best girl I babysitted" Dandelion easened on his hold, allowing me to lean backwards, to have a better view of his changed features. He became so... manly. His lines became as sharp as a well-ground sword. His sky-blue eyes shone so much as if they were part of this freezing weather. His originally short hair was a bit longer, but it suited him so well, I couldn't even describe it.

Back then, when Dandelion used to babysit me – I was a late-kid we can say –, he was rather a skinny man. His face had the same features, but with less sharp lines and short, marginal hair. He wasn't so well-known back then, only at the beginning of his bard career. Therefore, having too many freetime, he helped in watching out for me, for his idol's little sister when Geralt was busy hunting monsters, right until I became the age when I was enrolled into Aretuza to widen my magical skills, to be able to tame the chaos inside me.

I haven't seen Dandelion since then. And you can't imagine how much I missed hanging out with him, singing silly songs and such. He was the best babysitter I could ask for.

And now, here he was. In full shape, healthy and funny as always. The good old Dandelion, but in a much more sexy edition.

"What brought you here by the way?" the man inquired curiously, when guiding me into the heart of Khaer Morhen. "I thought Geralt told you not to visit him"

"Well, Geralt did tell me that, it's true" I stated, imagining his surprised-and-mad 2 in 1 look on his face. I still had to make a plan to explain the calling of the chaos to him as quickly as possible before he explodes from anger. "It was the chaos. It was calling me... it told me you needed me"

Dandelion nodded, his brain trying his best to work up the mystical information I have given him. As a bard, even with a small little spell I had used on him to defend him from aging, this entire magical world could be pretty difficult to fully understand.

But as a compliment, he made every effort to succeed. Just like when the even more enormous entrance of the main bulding swished open, almost hitting me right in the face. If it wasn't for Dandelion's quick senses, I would have flown a couple of meters backwards, with some colorful patches on my face. Thankfully, the bard was quicker and by my waist, he pulled me backwards, avoiding the heavy door.

We both fell onto the freezing cobblestone as I bumped against him. It was so fricking cold that my bodyparts began shaking from the snow straight away. With a hint of magic, I grabbed my companion's arm and made us stand up and dry our clothes as well. I had already been sick couple of times, I didn't miss another occasion.

Just in time, by the way. Just in time, as Geralt stopped less, then a meter in front of us. "Neria! I told you not to come after me... It's dan-"

I was quicker. "-gerous for a little girl. I know, Geralt. But sadly, I'm not your sweet little sister anymore. I'm also an adult now, with my own money and my own decisions" I hit my side, making the gold coins hit each other, their well-known sound flying into our ears.

Poor brother, he couldn't really do much about this fact. No matter how hard the cogwheels in his brain tried to work out a reason strong enough to send me away from that place. He just couldn't bring up any, he rather grumbled mainly to himself. "You're right... sadly. Then what are you doing here? I don't remember Vesemir needing any witch"

"I didn't come in anyone's service. I've come on my own... the chaos called me"