Eighth

As soon as we got back, I wanted to head immediately to the kitchen to quickly finish up the stopped-in-the-middle-of-making soup. I invited Ciri to help me and Dandelion to just leave my brother and this so-called Yennefer – who turned out to be the girl who has been Geralt's lover for quite a long time now.

I mean, she seemed friendly and all. It was only my stubborn brother who didn't care to share such information of having a possible love.

But don't worry, as soon as I'll have the opportunity, I'll tell Geralt to fuck off. Just like that, simple as it has to be.

"It smells amazing, Girls" commented the male member of our trio out of the blue. He stopped close behind me, peeking over my shoulder.

Somehow, deep inside I knew that he wanted to put his hands around me. He had wanted that back in the forest, as well, I could tell from the look in his eyes.

Sill, we seemed to be never alone. It seemed that someone was always with us.

Well, I guess it's because like a tavern only for witchers and their friends and family. It wasn't a private little cottage.

"It's a simple deer-meat soup" Cirilla replied, pouring a huge bowl of cut onions into te huge, boiling pot, her blue gaze attached on us. She rolled her eyes, putting her free, but covered-in-onion hand onto her hip. "You know guys, that I'm not as dumb as Geralt, right?"

I almost choke on a piece of potato I had taken out to taste.

An obviously nervous laugh tore onto surface from Dandelion's mouth, his eyes sparkling from anxiety. "Obviously! Why do you ask, if I...?"

"Because she knews we like each other, more than just... friends" I gave the man the answer the Princess wanted to say herself.

She nodded. "Exactly. I have heard and seen many secret romances, my Dad and Mom had a similar relationship"

Yeah, she was right. Everyone has heard about the love affair between Ciri's parents.

"I was there, I knew how it was" Dandelion sighed, possibly visually imagining the ominous scene between Pavetta and Duny.

I looked back at him, a sad expression sitting onto his face. I turned halfway around, giving him a long, loving kiss on the cheek to let him know about my sympathy and the fact that I won't let anything take us apart.

He smiled at me, placing his left arm around my waist. And the pink cloud caught me again, swirling around my head and making me feel dizzy, but beyond great.

A happy smile grew on Ciri's lips as she was standing in front of us. "You're cute together, let me tell you. Trust me, I won't tell it to anyone, Geralt should have a better love life than a stick, too"

We chuckled at the statement. Dandelion bent down, placing his soft and warm lips onto mines for a dazzlingly great kiss of goodbye. To Ciri, he nodded trustfully. "I gotta go back to Geralt before he gets any ideas. Also, I must check if the leaving-them-alone idea worked or not. See you later, my Girls"

And with that, the bard hurried outwards, so fast as if he hadn't suffered almost deadly injuries.

This man. I can't believe him.

Absently smiling and shaking my head, I joined Cirilla to finish up the soup. I didn't even mind her asking dozens of curious questions about how long have we known each other and such – you know, the typical girlish questions a curious teenager could ask. The fact that it was a secret relationship made her the entire topic even more interesting.

And not only for her, for us, too.