Fourth

The next day was rather strange for me.

To be honest, not just strange – difficult as well.

First of all, because I hadn't slept 10 minutes altogether. I had been swirling and spinning around and around in my bed as if an untamable wooden boat in a wild backwash, thanks to that stupid kiss earlier. All I could think of was Dandelion – his muscular chest against my lady-like, scruffy one. His warm and super soft lips. That mesmerizing feeling which sent my heart beat in an abnormal pace.

No matter how many times I had played the entire situation in my head, I couldn't get bored of it.

Probably, as I haven't had a kiss until that. Plus, that first kiss had happened with my past-babysitter and best friend. It was both bizarre and exciting at the same time – and I just couldn't describe that feeling, which made me unable to rest at all.

Not to mention how fricking well he kissed. As if he was born to do that.

I wasn't even sure how I will react the next day morning at breakfast. I tried to act casually, put on my usual, knee-long dress, hid my potions and weapons, combed my hair after washing my face and there I was. Ready to act as if I nothing happened the night before.

On my way through the corridor I met no one, not even one of the witchers. I guessed that since it was way too early in the morning, most of them are still in bed, under the thick blanket, having some dream about killing a vicious monster or crawling between the legs of a deserved woman.

Eek, men are sometimes so... easy to solve.

As I reached the door which led to the main hall, I was surprised to find it open. I walked in slowly, peeking in every direction for any shape to notice, but couldn't find anyone. I rather decided to just do as I had planned before, get some breakfast for myself.

While I was hesitating if I should have leftover bread or meat – god I had to get some proper food from a nearby market! –, I didn't notice the footsteps coming closer and closer to me. I only noticed its owner, when the white tufts appeared in the corner of my eye.

"What are we having for breakfast?" inquired the Princess.

"Something leftover" I shrugged with an awkward smile.

Ciri frowned when taking a look at the assortment. She grabbed a piece of half-eaten bread and immediately placed it back. "These men... they don't know what proper eating means. They try out everything and just leave them there, gross!"

I chuckled. "Yeah. I mean, look at all this waste of food! We must get some unbitten food from a nearby market, what do you say?"

The girl agreed straight away. "For sure! I'll get some horses and we can ride out-"

"To where are you planning to ride out, if I can ask?" inquired a sudden, hoarse male voice.

I didn't have to look back to know that it was my brother. Geralt has an abnormally deep voice, easy to recognise immediately.

"To have some proper food in this messy mancave" I replied with a challenging expression, one eyebrow raised upper slightly, my arms folded in front of my chest.

Geralt acted as if he was surprised. He grabbed a half-eaten bread and a huge chunk of chicken wing, showing it toward us with puzzled expression. "Why? Aren't these good enough for you ladies?"

I almost said something bad to that.

Thankfully, Ciri acted quicker. "Those? They look disgusting, Geralt. I want to eat something that hasn't been bitten before"

I nodded, agreeing with her statement straight away. "She's right. And also, a little trip won't do any bad, we all need some fresh air and fun"

Geralt was about to say something against these reasons, when an unexpected person, a man who made my calm heart beat again with an abnormally fast pace joined the room.

Dandelion.

Geez, why was I so nervous?!

"They are right, Man. I'm getting bored of these walls... all you do is eat, drink, sleep and repeat. I need adventure and so do the ladies" the man exclaimed happily, making both me and Cirilla smile.

He stopped right beside me, giving me a quick, but meaningful look. I knew he was also in a weird mood after last night, but also tried his best to hide it in front of Geralt.

He knew that my brother would fillet him, starting by his royal bodyparts.

Geralt rolled his eyes, giving up his fight against the three of us, sighing wearily. "And where do you wanna go shopping?"

The bard's bright blue gaze wandered into the nothingness for a moment, thinking about the perfect place to have a little shopping at. He quickly found it. "What about Ard Carraigh? It's a city big enough to get everything we need and isn't that far away"

"Especially if I open a portal there" I added quickly. Everyone except Ciri looked at me with a puzzling look, as if opening a portal would be such a difficult task for me. I looked back at them with a same expression. "What? It's not that hard, I have done it multiple times"

Out of the blue, the Princess beside me got excited, clapping and smiling widely. "Can I help? Pleasee"

I agreed instantly. What would be a better occasion to earn the other's trust than using magic together?

Not like Geralt. He was a true party pooper, immediately ruining the entire party, shaking his head heavily. "No way, Cirilla! You don't know that well how to use your power yet. I don't prefer the idea of my own sister doing it, either, but I can't control her"

I showed him a duck-face, placing an arm around Ciri. The girl joined making faces to Geralt, trying her very best to help me out. "Please, Big Bro. I don't let her do anything that could hurt her, you know that well"

And then, came the puppy face. An expression that couldn't be defended if you do well enough. And there were the two of us doing it more, than perfectly.

Not to mention Dandelion. He joined us as well, even if his puppy face was way too miserable.

Geralt had no choice but to give in, even if he hated that. He sighed and turned around, not even looking back at us. He simply walked out of the hall, shaking his way too perfect bootie and grumbling loudly. "Alright, alright... get the horses then"