Fifth

Just as I have told you before, opening a portal wasn't the hardest spells I have done so far. Healing an ugly wound which almost caused death, now that was a true challenge.

But not opening a portal. We opened pretty easily with Ciri, she was a talented, young girl. Of course, the fact that a so-called Yennefer has already shown her how to do that helped on the situation, but her soft movements was something that can't be taught. She was a born to be witch.

As soon as we had our horses ready, packed with the massive leather bags to pack into, we were ready to head through the swirling circles. The line of the circle was sparkling, hissing as we closed our eyes to cross the door to another place, with four horses' reins in our hands.

I have already crossed many portals, being loyal to the fact that I was a witch. I even arrived here through one – but without a horse. I have only done crossing with a horse once and it hadn't ended too well. The horse had gone wild from the strange feeling of crossing the portal and I couldn't stop it. I was a bit anxious of doing it again, which was understandable.

The others noticed my anxiety, too, waiting for me to make myself ready patiently. Geralt waited in silence, while Ciri patted my shoulder with a warm smile. Dandelion, the fourth member of our little expedition group, took into action and didn't hesitate to fold his fingers around mines, paired with an encouraging, sweet smile. He pressed my hand gently. "Everything will go well, Neria. Trust me"

I looked down at our hands, then up into the mesmerizing, blue orbs. I didn't say a word, only smiled back to show my gratitude in return.

Okay. Let's do this.

We all took a deep breath all at once before stepping through the swirling circle, into the buzzing market life of Ard Carraigh. It only hurt our stomachs a little bit, based on my own, personal experience and Ciri's pale expression. Thanfully, since we all held the horses strong enough, they didn't have a chance to become beyond control, even though they snorted loudly for long, long moments.

As soon as they were calm again, we started out from our position, straight into the bustling city life. Every kind of stall could be found there with sellers trying to get rid of their goods as soon aspossible, on the highest price possible: one could find from the tasty-looking, fresh bread to the beautiful jewelleries straight from Cintra every sort of good.

I didn't even know where to start the little shopping tour, I was so hyped. I hadn't been to a proper market for so long!

"Well, ladies, where should we start?" inquired Dandelion, examining the stalls curiously.

Ciri did the same, right until finding a stall which made her squeek excitedly. Out of the blue, the Princess grabbed me by the hand and handing the horses to Geralt, she pulled me into the crowd.

"Woah, where are we going?" I asked curiously, with an absentminded smile on my lips. I was wondering what could catch her attention so bad and so suddenly.

"You'll see" the girl replied mysteriously, swishing through the thick mass of people looking for well-priced goods.

Soon enough, she was right. We stopped at a stall which had possibly the most wonderful, most astonishing jewelleries in the entire world. They were made of pure minerals in well-designed cases made of silver, gold and iron. In one word, you can find every sort of price there, from pretty cheap to brutally expensive.

I was gaping like a fish at how incerdibly beautiful they all were.

My companion tugged my hand excitedly. "How do you like them? We gotta buy some!"

"They are also on a cheaper price, just for you, ladies" the seller, a friendly-looking, older man smiled at us.

Ahh, man! I wanted to buy one so bad... probably a rose quartz or rock crystal. If not only for us, but to help this poor old man. But...

"I'd love one" I answered, lowering to her ear. "But we don't have the money... we must get food first"

Cirilla turned her lips upside down. "I'll share food with you, then we can buy a cheaper one on that price. What do you say?"

Hmm. If she would really do that for me, I guess we could afford one then.

Too bad that in winter, I didn't have that many job.

I was about to cave in and tell Ciri to choose one, when suddenly, two, long-fingered hands appeared around my neck, placing a wonderful piece around my thin, uncovered neck. The mineral was a little rock crystal and the material of the chain was silver. The little mineral was held by vines that has tiny leaves stuck to them, lying on the smooth surface of the crystal, all of these made of shining silver.

I got scared at first by the surpirse hands, but as soon as the well-known scent crawled into my nostrils, my racing heart somehow slowed to a fast, but eased beat. It was Dandelion, his muscular chest leaning against my back. I could feel his warm breath on my neck. "I think this one would suit you pretty well"

I turned my head carefully backwards, looking at him from the corner of my eyes. For these moments, when he appeared and touched me even with one finger, the world suddendly faded around us. It was only him and me. "You think so?"

He chuckled. "I know so. And I'll buy you it as well, so you girl can get something tasty beside this little beauty"

Ciri's eyes widened, her lips turning upside, into a wide smile. I didn't know if she noticed the different behaviour of mine and just acted as if no change had happened, but I was glad she didn't mention it. She truly was a great princess and friend. "You'd really do that, Dandelion?!"

The bard nodded. "Absolutely. Everything for my girls"

The Princess clapped while hopping like a playful little bunny, then in the end, hugged us close to herself. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! Neria would look awesome in this necklace"

I felt my cheek turning into a much reddish color, even though I tried my best to hold the blush back. But those sneaky little bloodcells had other opinion about the entire situation and I had no choice. My head was literally burning from them.

To hide my blush, I turned my head downwards, examining our new necklace shining on my neck, lying there peacefully. My lips rose somehow automatically upwards, making me look like a smiling kid who has just got some candy from her mom.

As soon as Dandelion was done with paying and chatting calmly with the seller, he laid one hand on my back and one on Ciri's back, patting us gently. "Well, ladies, shall we go on?"