Chapter 3: Spoiled

Artemis took a bath and got dressed with the help of five maids.

The Head Maid smiled, bowing when she saw her.

"Look up at me, Head maid." She ordered, before asking, "Is Katarina doing well in the house?"

The Head maid nodded, "The maids assigned to her did well to help her get comfortable in the house, Duke Athanasios."

Artemis smiled, "That's good..."

She extended her arms a bit for the maids to fix the sleeves up to fit.

Two other maids helped with the belt and pants while the last one soon finished drying and combing her hair.

"I've always wanted a little sibling before... I wonder if our DNAs will be a match in the Capital District Hospital tomorrow." She chuckled.

The servants in the room smiled, they're all hoping for sure it does. It seemed as though the Duke wants a relative of blood badly.

"I'm sure it will be, Duke Athanasios." The Head maid said.

"Surely it will be." Artemis sat down for the maids to put her socks and shoes on.

...

Katarina was in one of the gardens with the maids who helped her bathe and dress.

She was in awe of all the flowers that were being grown by Artemis.

"Woah... She grew all of this, it's so beautiful..." She said smiling.

The Gardener assigned to guide her around was happy to hear her interest in one of the few other gardens that are being taken care of.

"Yes, she grew it all with her bare hands, Young Lady Athanasios! In fact, the gardeners who take care of the plants all learned under her working here." He said.

Katarina nodded, "So she is the Head gardener as she had said she was!"

"She is." The gardener chuckled.

"Young Lady Athanasios."

Everyone perked up, a servant had come over with a smile saying, "Dinner is ready."

He had tucked arms looking so happy to see her.

Katarina was unsure of all these servants everywhere doing everything for her.

"Oh..." She meekly chuckled, "Let's go then."

"Of course, Young Lady Athanasios, right this way!" The servant led the way.

...

Artemis sat down on her usual seat at the large table.

She sighed, it's always lonely when she eats, the servants usually prefer to stand aside on the wall and watch than join her when she'd ask for it on rare occasions whenever the loneliness strikes her bad enough to finish more than ten bottles of wine.

The chefs along with the Head chef exchanged glances with one another.

Is the food not to her liking tonight again? Oh, dear.

If she doesn't eat tonight like those other few times, she could get a little anemic again and get rushed to the capital district hospital a second time.