Chapter 17: House

The group was in a bit of a panic when Maria disappeared.

Was she kidnapped!?

They're hoping she's not getting used for ransom. Oh, dear.

Just why now??

"I'm sure she's fine," Alan assured.

"Surely," Keith huffed, "If Katarina finds out when we find her that Maria disappeared with us while here will worry her!"

"We have to find her," Mary said.

"Should we try and retrace our steps a bit and ask a few shops if they've seen someone who looked like her pass by?" Nicole suggested.

Everyone agreed.

There was still some time left before it was close to evening.

...

"They haven't grown just yet because I just planted them a few days ago or so," Katarina said.

"Such a big place... It's much bigger than the ones you have back in Sorcier." Maria said while keeping close to her.

Katarina nodded, "I like it."

Maria looked at her.

"It's my first time to have this much of a big space to do just about anything, hehe, there were also other new seeds that I never thought I'd ever get my hands on as well! Artemis even hired a few people who can look after the place whenever I'm not taking care of it." Katarina said.

Maria was starting to see a bit why Katarina didn't want to go back home.

Katarina chuckled, "I hope they all grow super well when harvest season comes over!"

Maria smiled. Seeing Katarina so happy was always what she wanted.

She's hoping it will grow well too.

"I'm sure it will." She said.

Katarina gleamed.

Considering how Katarina talked about harvest season which could take more than just a year-long, it'd seem she really doesn't want to go back anymore.

"Hm? Oh? It's getting a little late isn't it?" Katarina began to notice the place becoming a little dark, "Must be close to six by now, shall we head back inside, Maria?"

"Sure, Lady Katarina." Maria nodded.

...

"Ah, you two are back from your stroll." Artemis smiled seeing them as she fixed her sleeves up, tucking them up for her forearms to be bare.

"Artemis!" Katarina smiled, "Where were you?"

Maria awed a little, 'Would Katarina also look like that if she was wearing just a shirt and a pair of black pants?'

Well, they were twins that look the same in every way possible.

"I was checking on my growing darlings in the garden." Artemis said, "The little thing had finally sprouted much faster than I thought, fortunately, and still the lilies have yet to bloom."

Katarina hummed.

"Such bratty flowers and I've been taking care of it since it first sprouted as well." Artemis clicked her tongue.