Chapter 12: Fireworks

Liam frowned, "Aww... That's too bad."

"Oh, shall we go see the fireworks after dinner?" He asked.

"Fireworks?" Sophia blinked, she's heard of that in a book somewhere, it must be from one of those books she read with Katarina when she spoke about it to her.

Liam nodded, "Fireworks!"

"If you don't know what it is, it's a little big arrow that's sent flying up high where it explodes in the sky in colorful lights. Of course, it's loud but their lights are beautiful." He said, "The Ministry of Magic and Tools made them to offer bigger celebrations that everybody on the island can enjoy, it's also one of the things that allow both commoners and nobles to have things in common together."

"Shall we go see it?" Nicole asked.

"We should, right? We'll just be here for a month anyway." Mary said, honestly the reason they came to Adalwolf Island was to find someone specific anyway. That's it, they'll leave the moment they see her.

...

"There'll be fireworks tonight," Artemis said after they finished their dinner.

Katarina gasped, "Fireworks..!?? Like those kinds of big arrows sent up high that blows up in a lot of beautiful colorful lights??"

Artemis was surprised she knew what fireworks were, she didn't really tell her much of Sorcier.

"Yeah," she chuckled softly.

Katarina nodded.

"Yes! Let's go see it, older Sister!" She said, "When is it happening??"

Artemis got up, "It's happening in just about a few minutes soon, it's being prepared outside by the beach shores."

"Let's go now!!" Katarina was very excited, so excited she grabbed Artemis's hand and out of there.

"Ah..!? Don't run, you're wearing a dress." Artemis hurried to her feet beside her.

"Oh, looks like the Duke doesn't look anymore lonely than ever now that she has a sister."

"Indeed, it seems we don't need to do anything too much to try and get her to do something fun."

"She knows she's never been alone, she just didn't feel any family in us which is understandable."

...

"There's a lot of people, huh..." Katarina hummed looking around, it was also a little cold too. The wind on the beach shores was a little strong.

"Why? Is it not to your liking?" Artemis asked.

"Don't kick anybody out." Katarina scoffed.

Artemis rolled her eyes, she was thinking of kicking everybody out to stand somewhere else to enjoy the fireworks.

"Fine."

Katarina smiled, "So who's in charge of lighting them??"

"The Beach Manager is in charge of it." Artemis said, "Just be patient, Katarina."

"Yes, yes," Katarina chuckled.

"Tsk, you spoiled brat." Artemis snickered.