one

y'all 😭

if you're from tiktok don't be reading any of my other stuff on here I'm begging. i used to be a fifth harmony stan, leave that shi alone 😞

ANYWAYS! Here's my Encanto AU. I'm currently quarantined and bored out of my mind. So obviously the right thing to do was whip out out my dusty Wattpad account for an Encanto fic. Y'all I love this movie. It's got me in it's GRIPSS.

Also, I can't promise this is any good. I have an ao3 (mreads22 😏 read my Bly manor fic on there) so I might be posting this on there too. Idk. We'll see. I'm writing the second chapter as we speak. Don't worry babes, I have nothing else to do.

Enjoy ig

-

"Mamita, you look lovely. If you continue to mess with it all the pretty designs will ware out."

She smiles contently at the little girl in front of her. She fixes her sleeves, trailing along the embroidered flowers and animals on her collar.

"Thank you Mamá, are we leaving now?"

"Yes mi pequeña, why are you in such a rush?" the mother laughs, picking up her little girl and sitting her on her lap. The little one sits up on her knees and reaches up to her mothers face, gently pushing up her green rimmed glasses.

"Adventure, Mamá. I think there is a lot out there I want to see," she tells her mother.

"And I think you're right. Okay Sofia, along we go," Mirabel tells her daughter.

They each put on their light coats and take their bags. Mirabel plops her daughters hat onto her head, making the little one giggle. She takes her hand and leads her out of the small home they had shared with each other.

The woman takes one last look at their home, now bare having been stripped of much it's things, most of it gone to other needing community members.

They walk along the busy street. Sofia skips ahead and smiles up at the sky. Mirabel takes her time, keeping a close eye on her daughter.

She waves politely at friendly and familiar community members and friends. She smiles brightly, and sends a little kiss towards one of the children she helped teach at the local school. The little boy grins back at her before running along with his friends.

Sofia stops when she reaches the center of the town market. She waits for her mama to catch up with her and gladly slips her hand into Mirabel's.

"Hola miss, and little miss. I've been waiting all morning for you two ladies. Nearly took off without you!"

"Okay Andres, you'd be too scared to," Mirabel laughs.

She reaches out and hugs her long time friend, Andres. He had been the first to welcome her when she'd first arrived to the town at fifteen years old. He too had been a nervous teenager. He helped her get a job and learn her way around. Mirabel considered him her first true friend, and she was eternally grateful. And that he never asked questions she didn't want to answer.

"Andres, look I'm wearing my good skirt today!" Sofia says happily. She throws her arms out and spins, sending him a cheeky grin.

"Isn't that gorgeous. Now I heard you two ladies needed a ride over. Or did I hear wrong?" He asks. He lowers to Sofia's height. He holds out his fist, and she excitedly bumps it back.

The little girl claps her hands and nods.

"We're going on an adventure! Mamá says so!" Sofia smiles.

"Is that so?" Andres meets her with a curious twinkle in his eyes. Mirabel just smiles in return.

"We'll then I guess we better get going. Come along princesa, up you go," Andes lifts her into the front seat of the wagon. Mirabel takes a seat next to her and he sits with the ropes in his hands.