14

me
ik you're asleep rn but we just landed
i'm breathing the same intoxicated air as u now 😁
delivered

###

the irritating sound of its wheels scraping against the pavement, wooyoung drags his luggage along with him, a step or two behind kevin and jacob. about an hour past midnight, they've finally been dropped off to the streets of wooyoung's childhood neighbourhood by an uber — in which his best friends refused to let him take on his own.

"you did tell your family that you'd be visiting for the week, right?" kevin asks, and wooyoung hesitates, fighting back the urge to just laugh in his face. at the momentary silence, the blond spins around, daggers glaring. "you're actually unbelievable sometimes."

"san said that, too, once... i can't be that bad, can i?" wooyoung questions rhetorically, before rushing out, "and before you have a go at me as well, jacob, i did mention to them that i'd be flying over soon... just not when."

kevin rolls his eyes, whereas jacob scoffs. again, wooyoung has to suppress his laughter. "why are you smiling, jung wooyoung?" jacob snaps, causing him to force his face to fall flat. "why wouldn't you just tell them of all things?"

wooyoung shrugs his shoulders. "you know how they are, i just... thought i'd be less disappointed that way." and kevin's pitiful gaze prompts him to continue, "its fine, though. i mean— it's not like i'm here for either of them, anyway, so... doesn't really matter whether they decide to acknowledge my existence, or not."

"well, our sofa could do with some company if anything happens, okay?" kevin says, a hand finding wooyoung's shoulder. "text us every morning, too, or i will find a way to break in."

wooyoung chuckles, yet nods his head nonetheless. "as if i won't find an excuse to use that rich ass sofa of yours by, like, tomorrow, but okay, kev. quit worrying about me, though, i'll be fine. maybe a little sad, but—" wooyoung pauses, kicking his foot against the concrete ground. "doesn't that sound like every day? i don't think it'll feel any different here."

"i know it's pretty much impossible, but try to not piss them off, huh?" jacob adds on, voice so abnormally soft that wooyoung's first instinct is to search his expression for any hint of sarcasm.

upon receiving the complete opposite of his expectations, wooyoung wraps the both of them into a short hug — perhaps the moonlight shimmering down onto them has gotten him emotional — before stepping in front of them. "i think i've wasted enough of your time already, so you should probably head on now."

"gladly, i need a fucking bath after that goddamn flight," kevin remarks, grotesquely reminiscing on the unhygienic conditions he was trapped within just hours prior.

"i'll see y'all soon," wooyoung finishes, smiling warmly, before turning his back on the pair. their chatter as they return to the uber fades from the forefront of his mind, when he hesitantly steps into the front yard of, what was once, his home.

anxiously, his teeth gnaws at the inside of his cheek as he considers how to explain himself. wooyoung doubts all and every chance of his parents reacting in an understanding manner, but rather illogically decides on stating that he forgot — he simply forgot to inform them that he'll be spending a week at their home. though the excuse only sounds less believable as time passes by with wooyoung idling pathetically outside the building, he figures it has the least likelihood of him being buried alive; therefore, he brings his fist to the door.