61

the second they squeeze through the door, wooyoung shoves the paper bag of bagel litter into kevin's chest. "you can throw this away," he orders, "whilst i give sannie a tour!"

"wha—"

"sound good?" wooyoung pauses for, like, a millisecond, in which he can make out san wheezing beside him. "yeah, i thought so, too — thanks, kev!" his hand reaches out for san's, though only manages to grasp onto three of his fingers, before he pulls the elder along towards his room.

"where to first, angel?"

"the bestest place in the whole house, sannie!" wooyoung exclaims, perhaps egoistically. "take a guess."

"hmm, i don't know, maybe moonbae's room?" san jokes, flashing a childish grin at wooyoung. "kevin seems to be one with aesthetics."

"i can't stand you."

"i was wrong?" keeping up his act, san frowns slightly and sighs. "how is that not the correct answer... give me another go?"

eyes narrowed into a disappointed glare, wooyoung only nods his head bluntly.

"maybe..." san bites his inner cheek in thought, as if the question determines whether he wins the lottery or something. "i could be reaching here, but there's this pretty cute guy — you might know him, actually — called woo... wooyoung? jung wooyoung, yes, that's it! would i be right in saying his room is the bestest in this whole house?"

the flustered shade of pink prettily dusting wooyoung's cheeks causes him to whine.

"i'm wrong again? that can't be right, hm?" san pesters, this stupidly gorgeous smirk against his lips, prompted by the shy wooyoung before him.

"i didn't say you were wrong, i just—" wooyoung cuts himself off before he further embarrasses himself; fortunately for him, the door to his bedroom is right before them now, and so he nudges it open with the side of his arm, the courage he has to face san again coming as a surprise to even himself. "welcome to my abode, sannie. not a very humble place, but it's the best you'll find around here, trust me."

wooyoung can't remember the last time san was the one to break eye contact between them — in fact, he doesn't even think there has been a last time — but when his face lights up in innocent intrigue, wooyoung finally allows for a smile to form upon his lips.

eyes wide and lips curved into a round o, san steps in first. his gaze bounces around his surroundings, taking in every detail of wooyoung's room like it's the most significant thing of his trip, and the younger feels the need to laugh at how immersed san is in what he sees as the blandest four walls on earth. however, wooyoung thinks it'd be unfair to pop the harmless bubble san is in.

"this suits you really well, baby," comments san, voice soft with sincerity. his fingers graze a succulent wooyoung mindlessly bought from the home decor section in the local supermarket.

wooyoung snickers into his fist. "that's you calling me boring, huh?"

as if he's just heard the most brazen insult in his life, san snaps his head to the door frame wooyoung is stood beneath. "boring? what— no, it's nowhere near boring, wooyo: i think it's cute. so cute, and i... i think it's cosy and warm. a good warm, you know, a warm you need during the winter. yeah, it suits you perfectly, i'd say."

his steps slow and nervous, wooyoung nears san. "well, you say a lot of things, sannie."

"and i mean every single one of them." san doesn't seem to hesitate when his hands move to hold wooyoung's waist.