65

perhaps wooyoung is in a bit of a rush when he hastily scans over the selection of drinks displayed upon stephen's kitchen tops. honestly, he doesn't think it's fair for him to be cornered with the blame, however, upon the trance-like state which overtakes him every time he pictures san's pretty bruised lips — and no, these pictures aren't the fault of wooyoung's infatuation. absolutely not.

the words labelled across a rather intimidating bottle of alcohol sway in wooyoung's vision, wobbly letters all muddling with one another. embarrassingly impatient, even with his inability to read through his tipsy gaze, he pours some of the appetising, blood-red liquid into his rinsed glass. before returning to san, and hopefully his lips, too, wooyoung picks up a can of pepsi for the latter, internal fingers crossed he'd prefer it over a sprite.

either stephen's place has gotten increasingly crowded, or wooyoung has just noticed exactly how many people are here, now with the lack of san delightfully crashing his personal space. the lighting appears to have gotten brighter, too, the place louder.

wooyoung doesn't acknowledge the shoulder accidentally barging into his own until a soft voice turns to him, overflowing with sorriness, "oh my gosh, i am so, so sorry—"

wooyoung spins on his heel at the ghostly familiar sound, only to see his dance captain's slacked jaw before him.

"oh." what a small world we live in. "uhm— hi," wooyoung says, a tight smile his attempt to be polite.

liv, wooyoung has finally learnt her name to be, grins widely. "hey! i, uh, didn't expect to see you here, wooyoung." then, she chuckles stiffly, awkwardness which the boy physically feels latch onto him, like a blood-sucking leech. "sorry for that, by the way. i can be, er, clumsy."

"it's fine." wooyoung shakes his head, assuring. he doesn't exactly try to make it subtle when he reaches up on his tiptoes to look for san through hurdles of bodies. he continues, "don't worry about it. i barely noticed, anyway."

liv just laughs once more, as if she doesn't know what else to say. "uh..." she ponders, perhaps noticing wooyoung's furrowed brows. "are you... looking for someone?"

there san is! finally, wooyoung has recognised his blueish-green streak on the far side of the room. he sees him, too, it seems because he flashes wooyoung a smile, making him rock forward on his heels giddily.

but quickly, san's gaze trails to wooyoung's right, and oh, yeah — liv.

it's then wooyoung comprehends her question, turning to her. "yeah, actually. i, uhm—"

wooyoung swivels back to san, just for him to... not be there anymore. blinking rapidly, wooyoung's grip clenches around the drinks between his fist. but no... not a single turquoise strand of hair in sight.

what?

"is everything... okay?" liv asks. her head tilts to the side somewhat worriedly, the other portion of her confused.

"yeah," wooyoung lies bluntly. "yeah, i just, er—" he glances back at the corner of the room he last saw san, hoping his eyes were just playing some stupid trick on him. to scare him, upset him. they tend to do that sometimes. but he can't spot san anywhere.

anywhere.

wooyoung looks back at liv hurriedly. "sorry, i have— i have someone i need to be with right now, and—"