32

loud and infuriating, another gust of wind blatantly attacks wooyoung in the face. eyes forced into a squint, he instinctively reaches out for the material of san's jacket, whose hand finds the middle of wooyoung's back, pulling him into his side.

even throughout the roar of the wind and the bothersome horns and engines of the cars from the opposite end of the parking lot, san's amused laughter meets wooyoung's ears.

"why are you— that's not funny, sannie!" he scolds, with a light punch to his chest.

"first, look at your face, then tell me it's not funny!" san defends himself, still caught up in laughter. "you look like you're getting the shock of your life every single time."

"maybe because it's fucking july and i didn't travel all the way here just to be welcomed with—" a splatter of rain lands on the tip of wooyoung's nose. he scoffs in disbelief.

san is laughing again, only leading to him being punched again, too — perhaps just a little less lighter than the previous time. "just your luck, huh, wooyo?"

"do not talk to me."

glancing at the boy by his right, his arms crossed over his chest, his expression like stone, yet his hand still clutched onto the fabric of his clothes, san chuckles fondly. then, his hand moves upwards to stroke the back of wooyoung's head, the touch feather-like. if san had blinked, he wouldn't have caught the small, timid smile which tugs at his lips.

"yeah? you really gonna treat your birthday boy like that?" san teases, and when wooyoung's fist aims towards him again, he catches it in his own.

"so annoying," wooyoung mumbles, ignoring the squeeze san gives his hand before he completely lets go. he can't put his finger on why exactly it is, but something about the small action just feels so comforting.

digging his key out of his pocket, san clicks his car unlocked. "you asked for it by visiting me."

"and i could leave, like, right now, as well, if you really wanted me to," wooyoung says, threateningly despite the noticeable lack of malice in his tone.

but then, like a snap of one's fingers, his confident demeanor crashes down because san has stepped forward to open the passenger door for him, the hand on wooyoung's shoulder encouraging him to his seat. as if he hasn't done so multiple times before, his knees feel almost wobbly as he climbs into the singer's car.

"why would i ever want that?" san questions genuinely, glowing beneath the streetlights. his gaze flickers elsewhere; "if anything, i'd try convince you to stay for more than just my birthday."

tongue at a loss for words when san shuts the door on his behalf, too, warmth suddenly floods wooyoung. he casts his gaze down to the basket in his lap, biting back the smile desperately begging to cross his lips.

and perhaps he would've granted it if it wasn't for the flattering boy gazing in his direction.

###

where_san_sings