Chapter Seventeen

Lex POV:

I stayed locked in my room for two days after the fight with Adrien.

I had trouble getting up and down and since dad was at work, I was on my own. The girls had school, Adrien wouldn't talk to me and I sure as shit know Dom wouldn't help even if I wanted him to.

I missed Adrien. I was so stupid. I still am.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to try again, but I knew he was at school, so I sent him a text.

Hey...

Hey? God in Heaven, it's bad already.

Please talk to me.

After no answer, I gave up. I tried for two days and nothing. Hell when I called the last time it went straight to voicemail.

He turned is phone off. He really meant what he said and it killed me.

The next day, dad drove me to school which caused him to be late for work. He really was trying. Everyone thinks I'm stupid for forgiving him but he is all I really have left.

When I got to school, I saw Savannah and Sandy were at the front entrance, waiting for me.

"Was that your dad?" Sandy asked. "Yeah." I replied.

"We talked to Adrien this morning." Savannah told me, reluctantly. "Oh.."

"Look, I agree with the fact you forgave your dad. I think you needed it." Savannah told me.

"But Dom? Why?" Sandy asked. "He's my brother." I said, my voice weak. 

The girls sighed and held the door open for me to walk in.

I was glad that they left the subject alone.

"Still in pain?" Sandy asked as we slowly walked through the hall.

My ribs were still really messed up so I had to be careful with everything I do. Even walking.

"Not really, but I took a pain pill before I left this morning.

When I looked to my right side, I saw that Adrien was talking to Henry. I thought they stopped being friends?

Adrien then nodded toward me. Then surprisingly, they walked over to me.

"How are you, Lex?" Henry asked. "Since when do you care?" I asked, bitterly. "Look, I'm really sorry. I just didn't want to believe my best friend was capable of doing what he did." Henry told me. "Fuck off, Henry. I don't care how sorry you are. You're the one to start the 'she is so fat' joke. Remember?" I asked and stormed off without saying a word to Adrien.

Since he doesn't want to answer my calls, then he wouldn't want to talk to me in person. I knew the only reason he came up to me was to make Henry apologize to me.

I half expected Adrien to, but he has nothing to be sorry for. It was my fault.

After school, my dad couldn't pick me up because of work, so I had to walk home.

I was getting my books and backpack so I could get the hell out of that hell hole I call school.

I saw Adrien pass me, without a word or even a glance.

"Adrien.." I called out.

He looked at me for a split second before walking to his car and leaving.

It took twice as long to get home that day because of my broken ribs. It was hot, and I was sweating like crazy.

I couldn't stop the hot tears running down my face the entire walk home. I hated myself and I hated when I cried. Especially since it wasn't behind my locked bedroom door.

I got about half way home before my phone rang. It wasn't who I wanted it to be.

"Hey, dad." I muttered. "Hey, did you make it home ok?" He asked. "I'm not there yet." I replied as my lip quivered. "What? Why?" Dad asked. "I'm walking. I have to walk slower so now it is taking twice as long as it used to." I told him. "I'm so sorry, baby. I thought you would have had a ride with one of the girls." He said. "Neither one of them have a car. Adrien always brought me home." I said and finally let my tears fall.

Adrien POV:

I sat with Henry on the couch just staring at the TV.

"I figured you would be taking Lex home." He told me. "Nah man. We aren't even friends anymore. I'm sure she got a ride with her dad." I replied.

The next morning when I got to school, Savannah stormed up to me and actually fucking punched me.

"What the fuck, Savannah!" I yelled at her.

"You sorry fuck! Did you know that Lex had to walk home yesterday! It took her twice as long to get there because she could barely walk!" She screamed as tears of anger ran down her face.

My face fell.

"What? But I thought her dad-" Savannah cut me off. "He had to work, Adrien.

She then shook her head at me.

"You abandoned her, Adrien. Now that she walked for so long, it will take longer for her ribs to heal. Every step she took, her broken ribs would scrape against each other. You said you would always take care of her and you left her. You know, Dom made those same promises and he abandoned her, just like you. You're no different."