Chapter Five

Lex POV:

Sandy, Savannah and I looked at each other wide eyed as we heard Adrien and Dominic yell at each other.

When we heard a crash, the three of us ran downstairs and saw Adrien leaning against the wall as Clark and Henry held Dominic back.

"What the fuck is going on?" Savannah yelled.

I saw that Adrien's lip was bleeding and rushed over to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry about this." He said, softly. "It's okay. I heard everything." I replied.

"Go the fuck back upstairs, Lex!" Dominic yelled at me. "No." I said harshly before pulling Adrien to the bathroom.

"Dude, you good?" Clark asked when he entered behind us. "I'm fine." Adrien snapped.

"Why the hell did you get so worked up about this girl?" Clark asked him. "Did you not hear a single word that was said in there? Or are you just that fucking stupid?" Adrien hissed.

"It's okay, Adrien." I assured him. "No it's not." He muttered.

After I cleaned the wound on Adrien's lip, he along with everyone else, left.

"You're turning my friend against me." Dom growled after everyone was gone. "No, I'm not." I replied, softly.

Dominic then did something he'd never done. He smacked me in the face.

"I hate you. I wish you were dead." He said before going to his room.

I was so dumbfounded that he did that, that it took me a moment before I moved.

I couldn't believe it. I knew he hated me but I didn't think he would hate me enough to hit me.

I slowly walked into my bedroom and locked the door behind me, all the while trying to figure out what the hell I could have done to get slapped.

My tears didn't start falling until I sat down on the bed but when they did, they wouldn't stop.

All I wanted was for Adrien to come back and hold me.

I was afraid. I could hear Dominic throwing things around his room and screaming how much he hated me and that he wished I was dead instead of mom.

Sometimes I had wished I was never born, too...

Sometimes I would pray that I would go to sleep and never wake up.

I wanted the same things Dominic did.

The next day, when I woke up, I had a bruise on my cheek from Dominic. I hoped to God that I could cover it up.

I carefully covered the bruise with makeup, wincing once in a while from the contact.

I slowly walked down stairs and saw Dominic standing impatiently at the door.

"Come on." He growled.

Before he let me walk out he grabbed my arm, roughly.

"If you tell anyone what happened last night, I'll do more than fucking slap you." He spat before walking to the truck.

When we pulled into the school, Dom's friends were there waiting for him like the good little lap dogs they were.

"Hey, man." Henry said when we walked up.

Instead of sticking around, I walked straight into the building.

When I walked to my locker, I found Savannah and surprisingly, Sandy standing there waiting for me.

"Hey, you two." I said as I approached them. "Hey, how did everything go at home after we left?" Sandy asked.

My mind went back to when Dom hit me and my hand instinctively went to my face.

"Kept to myself, mostly." I replied.

Judging from the look on Savannah's face, she didn't believe me.

When the three of us headed to class, Dom and the group were heading in our direction.

Adrien looked away from the guys and right at me. My heart fluttered when I saw the smile spread across his face.

"Hey, pretty girl." He said.

I saw that Dom was glaring at the two of us. I get the feeling the two still haven't talked about what happened the night before.

"Hey." I said quietly, trying to avoid Dom's gaze.

"Can we talk alone?" Adrien asked me. "Sure." I replied.

Adrien wrapped an arm around my shoulder and lead me away from everyone else.

"You good?" He asked me. "I mean, I guess." I replied. "What happened after I left last night?"

I didn't want to lie to Adrien but I took what Dominic said seriously. So I kept it as vague as possible.

"He said that I was turning you against him and that he hated me." I said and looked away.

"What else?" He asked. "Nothing." I replied. "You think I didn't notice the fact that you're wearing makeup today when you normally don't?" Adrien asked me.

He paid that much attention to me?

"What really happened last night, Lexi?" He asked me. "Adrien, everything is fine. Nothing more happened." I tried to assure him but he wasn't buying it.

"Lex." He said softly before touching my cheek.

I winced lightly as his hand grazed the bruise on my face and it didn't go unnoticed.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked, concerned.

I only shook my head.

He stared at me for a short moment before his face fell.

"Did Dominic hit you?"