Chapter Nine

Lex POV:

At lunch, there was no sign of Adrien and I began to worry.

When I saw Henry and the rest of the group walk in, I sighed and walked up to them.

"Have you seen Adrien?" I asked. "He's in a closet, if you catch my drift." Clark said and smirked before they walked away.

My heart shattered when he told me that. It's none of my business so why does it hurt so much?

I walked back to the table with tears in my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Savannah asked. "Nothing." I mumbled and pushed my food away.

"Lexi, what's going on?" Sandy asked.

I just shook my head and continued the rest of the lunch period in silence.

At the end of the day, I walked over to my locker and saw Adrien talking to Sandy and Savannah.

"Hey, beautiful." He said and smiled at me.

I didn't smile back at him. I didn't even look at him.

"Sorry I wasn't at lunch today. Got busy." He told me. "Janitor's closet right?" I asked, blankly.

Adrien's face fell.

"Clark told me." I told him. "Lexi.." He didn't continue.

"It's ok, Adrien." I mumbled before walking away.

"Lex, I'm your ride home, remember?" He called out. "I have legs, Adrien." I called back to him.

Adrien POV:

Fuck. I was so fucking stupid.

I only did what I did to distract myself from Lex. I had no idea Clark would open his fucking mouth and I damn sure didn't know I would hurt Lex so much.

I found the guys by Dom's truck and stormed over to them.

"What the fuck, Clark? Why the hell would you tell Lex what happened at lunch?" I asked, gritting my teeth. "She asked if I'd seen you. All I did was tell the truth. Why is it even any of her business anyway?" He asked.

"Stupid bitch has feelings for him." Dom muttered.

I felt my face turn red with anger.

"I only did it to get Lex out of my head!" I yelled at them.

I groaned in frustration and hurried to my car to catch up with the girls.

Once I did, I slowed down and rolled the window down.

"Lex, please get in the car." I begged. "I'm fine walking, Adrien." She said. "Lexi, I'm sorry. It shouldn't have happened. Please just let me take you home and explain." I replied. "Explain what?" Sandy asked. "Nothing." Lex muttered.

"Come on, Lex. I really don't want walk." Savannah begged.

Lex threw a glare her way.

"Fine." She growled.

I stopped so the girls could get in.

Lex immediately got into the back seat with Sandy. Savannah gave her a confused look and got in the front.

When we pulled into her driveway, the girls stayed down stairs so I could have some space with Lex in her bedroom.

"You have nothing to explain, Adrien. It's none of my business." She told me. "I ditched you, Lexi. I do need to explain."

"Explain what? How you're a player like my brother? How you held me last night just to fuck another girl? Or the fact you made me fall in love with you and broke my heart?" She asked as tears streamed down her face.

"What did you say?" I asked quietly.

Lex wiped her tears and turned away from me.

I walked up behind her and placed my hands gently on her hips.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered in her ear before wrapping my arms around her.

Before either of us could say anything else, her bedroom door opened.

"Lex, it's... Time for dinner." Her 'father' said.

Lex pushed me away before leaving me alone in the room.

In love with me?