Prologue

In a small town in Alaska, there was a five years old boy named Max. He, his father, his mother and his sixteen years old brother Kyle were in a car. Max and Kyle were sitting in the back seat. His parents were at the front seats arguing and this made him sad and his brother angry. They were supposed to go the amusement park to have a good time. But his father turned the car back to get to work. His father is an workaholic. Always choosing his work over his family.

"What is wrong with you?! Must you always spoil everything?!" Max's mother grumbled.

"It's not my fault. We'll do this another time okay?!" Max's father said.

"This is what I dislike about you, you disappear in your work! Never time for me and the children!" Max's mother yelled in anger.

"I'm the one providing for the family! You don't have a job, I do. I'm giving my children a good future!" The man yelled back.

Kyle who stayed quiet noticed his little brother was crying. "It's okay. Stop crying" he said to comfort him. He turned to his parents and said. "Stop arguing! Max is crying because of you!"

They both look behind and saw Max crying. "No no honey, please don't cry" his mother spoke softly. His father felt bad, but said nothing.

"Aren't you going to say something to your son?" His mother asked. The man didn't say anything. "What is seriously wrong with you?!"

"I don't have time for this! I need to get to work!"

While they were arguing again, the failed to notice the incoming truck. Kyle looked forward and shouted. "LOOK OUT!!!"

The car was hit by a truck. The car was pushed back into the forest and it summersaults until it hits a nearby tree. Max opens his eyes and noticed that he wasn't in the car, he was on the snowy hard ground. He tried to stand up, but he couldn't. His body was in excruciating pain and he was bleeding. He looked around and saw the car. He crawled towards to the crashed car hoping his family was alright. But couldn't go any further. He was tired, dizzy and badly hurt. As he was about to close his eyes, he saw something start to shine near him. He looked closer and saw a strange creature coming close to him. It was a little wolf.

The creature approaches him. "Human you are dying. Do you want to live?"

"Yes" Max replied.

"What is your name?" The creature asked.

"M-Max" he said weakly.

"Max. My name is Zero and I'm what they call a Kwami. Like you, I am also dying because my miraculous is broken" he said. "Please merge with me. With your life force and my power, we can be both saved" Max nodded and lift his hand up and touched his tiny paw. A bright grey light surrounds them and Max ends up falling unconscious.

Max woke up on a hospital bed. He has bandages on his right eye, neck and arms. He turns to see his father on the bed as well. He has bandages on his head and a broken arm. Max's father was talking to the doctor. The doctor noticed he was awake.

"You're awake. That's good" the doctor said.

"Dad, where's Mom and Kyle?" Max asked weakly.

His father bows his head in sadness. "I'm sorry but you won't be seeing them again"

"Why?"

"They're gone. They're dead. I'm sorry" he sobbed.

Tears flows freely down his face and he cried loudly. He felt his heart shattered in millions of pieces. And that day, his life changed forever.

Years later.

MAX'S POV

"Hey Kyle. Happy birthday Mom" I said as I put flowers on their graves. "Sorry I haven't been coming lately. I've been getting detentions here and there" I looked at my watch and see its getting late. "I gotta go. Bye guys, I love you" I took my skateboard and start riding it home.

People say it's not always good to ride a skateboard on a snowy or slippery ground, that it's dangerous. I don't care about that. I've been riding this for years and I'm still okay. I stopped at a tall mirror that is in front of a shop and looked at my reflection. I touched the scar on my eye. It reminded me of the accident years ago. I turn away and continued skating. I got home a few minutes later. I opened the door and entered inside only to see my dad sitting on the chair.

"Where have you been?" He asked.

"Doing stuff" I answered.

"By doing stuff, you mean skipping school and getting involved in a fight!" He said.

"Except I didn't start the fight" I said as I removed my sweater.

"I am tired of getting calls of you making trouble! I've called people that can help you! I took you to therapy! To anger management class! But you still do this!" he yelled.

My life is a bit of a whack. Ever since we had that accident. Dad's addiction of work have gotten worse. I only see him twice or five times a year or when I get into trouble. I'm always alone and don't have any friends, they call me all sort of names cause I have yellow eyes like my mom and the scar on my right eye and I usually get bullied and laughed at. So I had enough of it and fought the bullies back. I train everyday to become stronger. Now I'm the baddest boy in school, feared by all including the teachers and principal. But I'm also popular cause I'm handsome, my amazing skills in skateboarding and being a former MMA fighter.

"It's not my fault, Dad. Mom would understand" I said.

"Your mother is dead" Dad said.

"Don't remind me!" I growled as I punched the wall.

"I have enough of you. This barbarism must end" he said. "Tomorrow you'll be living with your uncle in Paris. I've already made the preparations and I've registered you in a school there. You will stay there until you become a good and civil person"

"What!" I yelled in shock. "How could you?!"

"You can't get out of this now" he smirked. I felt something sting my neck. I turn around and saw a man also smirking. He was holding an injection.

"What did you do?!" I yelled as I held my neck.

"I know you'll try to run so I did the logical thing" he shrugged.

"You can't do this! Alaska is my home!" I growled in anger. I tried to punch him, but I start to get dizzy and before I knew it, I fell on the floor. Dad crouched down and said.

"I'm sorry, but this is the only way to help you. By the time you wake up, you're already far away from Alaska. So goodnight and goodbye" he waved his hand above my face and that was the last thing I saw before blacking out.