Welcome to Paris

MAX'S POV

I slowly opened my eyes and I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I looked around and my eyes widened in shock. "I'm in a plane!" I can't believe dad did this to me! Well, at least I'll be staying with uncle Carl. He's nice and a carefree guy. Him and dad barely contact each other cause dad's always at work. I noticed they were only few people on board.

"Rise and shine bad boy" I looked down at my pocket and saw Zero.

"How long was I out?" I spoke quietly.

"For a very long time. That drug knocked you out real good" Zero said. "What are you going to do now?"

As I was about to answer, I hear the pilot saying they're about to land. "Well, I just have to get used to the new environment"

The plane landed and I carried two of my luggages and a backpack. Zero went back to my pocket. I walked off the airplane and into the airport. I took a good look at myself and see I'm wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans. My ring is on my finger and my necklace is still on my neck. I bet dad must have gone through a lot of trouble to try to take it off while I was unconscious. It's impossible to take the necklace off. It appeared after I left the hospital. Zero told me it's a new miraculous thanks us merging together. I can transform into a superhero called Lone Wolf, but I don't use it all the time cause the crime rate and accidents in my hometown is low.

I sat down on a chair and opened my luggages. Everything I needed was there. My favorite jacket, skateboard and other things. I closed it and stood up. I walked out of the airport and saw uncle Carl waving at me. He's a blond haired man in his forties. I smiled and went to him.

"Hey nephew! It's been ages!" He said in excitement.

"I know uncle Carl. I miss you" I said as I hugged him. Uncle Carl is only person I cared about in the world. My uncle is a manager in the mechanic business. That's what he told me.

"Look at you. All grown and strong now. Heard you're a troublemaker. I hope you don't start up trouble in Paris" he joked.

"As long as they're not annoying, there won't be any trouble" I mumbled.

He sighed. "Let's go. I'm feeling a little tired"

Uncle Carl stopped a taxi cab and we both entered. We were sitting at the back of the cab. I look out of the window while the taxi was driving. "So this is Paris"

"I can't believe your dad drugged you and brought you to Paris. But don't worry, you're going love it here" uncle Carl said.

"I hope so" I sighed. "So what's the name of the school I'll be going?"

"College Francoise Dupont. It's a really nice school" he said.

"Here is your stop" the taxi driver said.

The taxi stops by a four story building with balconies. I exit the car and carried my bag and luggages. We went inside the building and he led me to the upper floor. We reached uncle Carl's apartment and he unlocks the door. This apartment was nice. The main room was medium size and the wall was covered in yellow paint. There was a sofa and an armchair with a table. There was a dinning table in the kitchen. It had a counter for preparing food with the fridge next to it and the stove on it's other side. And there were two bedrooms. Uncle Carl took me to the other room and I put my stuff there.

On one side of my room, there was a bed close to the wall with a blue pillow and a red blanket. Near the bed was a small drawer with a small lamp on top. On the other side was a wooden desk table and a chair. I kept my laptop, my sketch book and my pen and pencils there. Next to the table was a bookshelf with different books there. I sat on the bed and placed a picture of me, my brother and my mom on the drawer.

Uncle Carl knocks on my door and opened it. "Hey kid, you hungry?"

"Yeah" I said.

"I want to get some french bread and sweets. Does that sound good to you?" He asked.

"Hmm. I would like that" I answered. As he was about to leave, I got up and stopped him. "Hey, you said you were tired. Why don't you rest, I'll go get it"

He raised an eyebrow. "You sure? This place is new to you and-"

I cut him off and said. "I'll be fine. I'll use the map on my phone. What's the name of the place you want to get the bread and sweets from?"

"Tom and Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie" he said.

I put my shoes on, took my skateboard and left the apartment. I looked at my phone and search the location and found it in my maps app. "It's not that far" I said.

I skate through the neighborhood and looked around the city. This city is totally different. I see people on sidewalks. A police officer controlling the traffic. People laughing and smiling. Then I saw a statue of two people. I got curious and went to it. I looked at the writing on the statue.

"Here lies a statue of Ladybug and Cat Noir. The heroes of Paris" I said.

"I don't believe it" Zero whispered as he was in my pocket.

"What?"

"Those two wear the most powerful Miraculous out of all other miraculous" he said.

"They are like us. What makes them powerful?" I asked.

"Ladybug has the power of creation and Cat Noir has the power of destruction. If they are ever put together, they will have the power to make a wish and that can't happen" Zero explains.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cause it would upset the balance of the world and the world won't survive" he said.

"So that must never happen" I said. "Good to know"

After looking at the statue, I went to the bakery. It was fancy to me. I went inside and saw collection of glass display cabinets showing many treats. Behind the counter was a short woman with short black hair with blue highlights and grey eyes. She was shocked to see me, probably the scar on my right eye. She quickly covered it and smiled.

"Hello, I'm Sabine Cheng. How may I help you?" She asked politely.

"I want some sweets and four loaves of bread" I answered a little rudely. "Just because I warmed up to uncle Carl doesn't mean I'll be nice to anyone"

"Okay" she said and heads into the back of the bakery. Seconds later, she came out with a box and a bag with four french bread. She hands it over to me and smiled. "Here's your order"

"Whatever" I scoffed.

I left the bakery and headed home. When I got home, me and uncle Carl ate the bread. I won't lie, it was delicious. Uncle Carl and I chat a little. When it was late, he went to his room and headed straight to bed. I went to my room and looked up ladybug and Cat Noir on my laptop. These guys have been saving Paris for a year and I was impressed.

"I guess I'll meet Ladybug and Cat Noir soon" I thought as I went to bed and fell asleep.