Something about Him

MARINETTE'S POV

When the next morning came, I groan and get out of bed. I got dressed and took my backpack and my purse. Tikki flew to me and entered the purse. Being a hero may be amazing, but it's also exhausting. Especially on night patrols where I make sure that they weren't any Akumatized citizens. I'm just glad I woke up early today and didn't oversleep.

"Ready?" Tikki asked.

"Yeah, I'm gonna tell Adrien how I feel about him" I said with confidence.

"Can't wait" Tikki rolls her eyes. "You'll end up embarrassing yourself again"

"This time I won't. I'll make sure of it" I said as I clenched my fist. I then yawned cause I was still sleepy.

With new found hope, I head to school, hoping to see him again. I walk to school. When I reached the entrance I get bumped into by Max. He was skating and I think he purposely rammed into my shoulder with his. He picks up his skateboard and looks at me with a frown. My heart skipped a beat and I start to blush. He huffs before entering the school. I noticed other girls were staring at him and saying how handsome he is. I don't think he's a bad person. I bet he's really nice and sweet once if I can get past his grumpy side. Yeah. I will try and talk to him when he's alone.

Then my heart skipped again. Not because of Max, it's because Adrien is stepping out of his car. I quickly ran and hid next to the stairs as Adrien walked inside the school. I sigh sadly. "How can my heart skip a beat for two people?! It doesn't make any sense!"

"You need get over your shyness Marinette" Tikki said. "I thought you were going to tell him how you feel"

"I know, but it's hard" I said.

I got up and head inside. Then I saw the one person that can make my day terrible, Lila. Everyone gathered around her as she was talking and HOLDING Adrien's arm!! "Ugh!" I got mad and groaned quietly. Seriously what's wrong with that girl?! Must she lie to get what she wants?! She can't keep it up forever. Her deeds will definitely catch up to her one day. I turn around to head to class only to see Max behind me. He looks at Lila, then at me. "I should warn him about her. He may be a jerk, but he doesn't deserve to fall for her lies"

"See that girl?" I said as I point to Lila. He looks at her, then look at me. "Her name is Lila. Do not trust her or anything she says. She's a liar. Unfortunately no one sees her like that" he rolls his eyes and walked away.

"Well at least he got my warnings" I said. Then I heard a scream gaining everyone's attention. I looked over and saw Max pushs Kim to a wall and starts choking him. Everyone gasps and I saw Miss Bustier walk to them.

"Max stop this now!" She ordered.

He lets go of his neck and Kim starts gasping for air. "He started it, I'm just finishing it" Max said. He then glares at Kim. "Don't start a fight you can't win" he walks away.

Miss Bustier sighs and helps Kim to get up. I saw Alix and Max, with glasses walk to him and asking if he's alright. "Strange, we have two Max in our school. One's nice and friendly, the other's mean and angry" I begin to think about Max. Miss Bustier said Mr Damocles told her about him. If they tell me about him, maybe I can help him.

After the incident, we went to class. I saw Max already on his seat. Then Lila walked in and the moment she saw him, she starts blushing. She saw me and walked to me.

"Marinette, who's the new guy?" She asked as she was staring at him.

"That's Max" I said. "Don't bother talk to him, he'll ignore you"

"Well not me" she said as she flips her hair and walks towards him. "Hello" he looks up and frowns. "I'm Lila. It's nice to meet you. Welcome to College Francoise Dupont, the best school ever" she starts telling him about herself and things she's done and trying to make him talk. I can see Max's getting more irritated and angry.

My eyes widened in horror as I noticed something. She was standing in a pose that many might think would be attractive. "Does she like him?" Okay, now I think a part of her brain snapped. I noticed the class was also staring at them.

Max took a deep breath, I'm guessing trying to control the raging anger that's inside of him and looks at her. "When I met you, I thought you were weird and annoying"

"And?" Lila asked.

"And you are!" Max said. "Now get out of my sight!" Lila quickly backs away and ran to seat.

I went to my seat before the teacher came in. Then the class starts. As the class passed, I was thinking about him again and took a few glances of him. I couldn't help but think that there was something odd about him. This went on for a while until the bell rang. It's time for school to be over and today's friday. As I walked out of the class, Alya came to me.

"Girl we need to talk" she said.

"About what?" I asked.

"You've been staring at the new guy for quite some time" Alya smirks as she nudges me. "Do you like him?"

"What! No!" I protest. "He's cute and all, but I have eyes for Adrien. Besides there's something odd with him"

"Yeah, right. Something tells me you like him" she said.

"I don't!" I argued.

"Not just you, all the other girls are falling for him" she said. "Even Chole"

"And Lila" I added.

She gave me a serious look. "But you gotta be careful. He's not interested in anything or anyone. He can also beat anyone here if we're not careful. He's so grumpy and mean"

Just then, I heard Max's voice booming far from us. "YOU WANT TO DIE!!" Before I know, a student was running to our direction and past us. He looked like he has seen a beast.

"Like I said, be careful. This guy is bad news. I have a feeling he's going to worse than Chole" Alya said.

Just then, Miss Bustier was walking towards our direction. This is my chance to ask her. "Miss Bustier!" I called and went to her with Alya following me.

"Yes Marinette" she said sweetly.

"I want to ask you something about Max. What did Mr Damocles tell you about him?" I asked.

"Why do you ask Marinette?" She asked.

"I...I feel that he's not a bad person. Something must have happened to him" I said shyly.

She sighs. "I know he's not bad as well. Alright I'll tell you. Back at his home town, he lost his mother and brother in a car accident when he was a kid"

Alya and I gasped. "Is that how he got that scar?" I asked.

She nodded. "To make matters worse, he didn't have any friends and was constantly bullied at his old school. According to his uncle, his father rarely give him attention. I guess that's why he became a bully himself"

I frowned. "He must be lonely" Alya and Miss Bustier looks at him. "It's wrong for him to be bullying people, but he's lonely. He lost his mother and brother. His father doesn't pay attention to him and he was bullied. He was angry and sad. Now, no one wants to be friends with him"

Miss Bustier smiled at me and said. "At least I'm not the only one who feels that way"

"I know Max is a good and nice person and I'm going to bring that side of him" I said with determination. I turn around and start running to find him.

"Marinette wait!" Alya called me. I didn't even look back. My mind was focused on Max. I ran out of the school and head to the street. I smiled when I saw Max walking with his skateboard on his hand.

"Max wait!" I call to him in a gentle voice.

"What?!" He turns and snaps at me.

"I just want to talk to you, just talk" I said.

"Why?" He asked in a confused tone.

"Because I feel that deep down you're a good person. You're just hiding it" I said softly.

"There's a reason people call me a bad boy. I've been called by many names. Good and nice ain't one of them" he growls in anger.

"No!" I shout with emotion in my voice. "Everyone has a side of them that is good! Even you as well!" I ran and hug him. I don't know why did that honestly, I just felt like it.