prologue

Once upon a time, darkness arrived....

Terror clutched her mind and allowed sadness to creep into her heart. She was only a little girl and she shouldn't have known such horror but everyone had their moment where innocence was washed away for darkness to take its place. And she certainly didn't like to wait.

"Please, she's my daughter. She's only a child," her father begged as he stood to his feet once more covered in blood and bruises. He already lost his wife but he wouldn't lose his child.

Fate had other plans.

"Apparently, a powerful one," a venomous feminine voice spoke. "One who has taken my throne."

Then metallic sounds were heard like swords colliding before a slice-like sound was heard before it quieted. Then a thud.

The little girl covered her ears as she hid in the cupboard. Tears spilt down her cheeks in an endless wave. She thought if she didn't hear what was happening that it would simply just stop and go away.

But it didn't.

Instead the door to the cupboard was opened and her hands dropped from her ears. She let out a cry at seeing her father on the ground, unmoving. Blood seeped around him.

"So you're supposed to be my undoing?" the mysterious woman crouched to her level.

She wondered when she was going to be saved like in all the stories her mother told her. There was always a hero that triumphed over evil. But there her hero was, dead.

She didn't understand yet that she was the hero of this story.

The little girl lifted her spring green eyes to meet the ghostly blue ones of her villain. The woman was dressed in black like a dark fairytale. She would remember her for the rest of her days. She was sure of it.

Her green eyes were full of anger and grief as fires started around them. The woman laughed manically.

"What a miraculous little thing you are," she smiled madly before frowning. "But sadly you cannot survive."

Her anger turned to fear again and she backed up into the wall of the cupboard.

"No, no. I won't kill you," the woman assured. "What would people think if I killed you? That I'm afraid of a child. No. I have something much better planned for you."

The woman started to chant as it turned out a very powerful spell but she did it with ease. Then she held out her hand which contained a black powder before she blew it. The little girl coughed as she breathed it in and her head swayed as everything started to get dizzy.

"Now sleep..." she smiled sinisterly. "...and never wake up."

And the little girl did. She slept for a long, long while in a glass coffin molded against time. She just didn't sleep forever like her evil queen had hoped.

AN: okay, so this is a start. This prologue is gonna come back to be important once I get into my own plot.