04

Eira had driven them to the place where Thor said his friends would be. But she was shy and considerate.

          "They're probably asleep, Thor," she suggested. "Let's just stay here until morning."

            "Alright," he agreed lazily with his head resting against the headrest as she looked over at him to see him gazing at her.

             She blushed before opening the car door. "Come on."

             He frowned but nevertheless followed her. He didn't want her to leave the car. He wanted to stay and adore her.

            She had grabbed a blanket out of the trunk before she approached the hood and climbed on top of it before laying down. She patted the space next to her with a smile, "I like to watch the stars at night..."

             She started to frown, "...but I mean if you don't want to...

             "Yes," he interrupted with excitement. He didn't have to be asked twice and soon he laid down beside her on the hood before she flung the blanket out across both of them. He couldn't help but feel thrilled about the fact that they were sharing a blanket.

                 She was glad he was enthused but she didn't quite get that it was because of her.

             As soon as he was beside her, she had hesitated before grabbing his hand. She gave him the same sparks in his chest. She took his hand and pointed it at every star she knew.

              The stars reflected in her green eyes and moonlight kissed her skin in a warm glow. She listed name after name of all the stars she knew but it didn't matter. He was convinced the galaxy existed right before him in her smile.

               "When...I was home, I'd go out to the lake and stay up watching the stars until I couldn't," she explained as she let his hand go and he wanted her to hold it again. "Sometimes, I think I can see them all...even the far ones."

            He furrowed his eyebrows at that. They were strange words for a mortal. But perhaps she wasn't a normal mortal.

              "Where is home?" he asked. He desired to know everything about her.

              "Minnesota. Lake Superior is behind our house and no one else is around. It's so beautiful. It gets cold but I don't mind."

               "I would like to see it one day and watch the stars with you again." He'd like to see the stars in her eyes again.

              She smiled, "You will. You'd be the only person I've ever brought home."

              "What about friends?" he questioned.

              "It's...hard to make friends when people think you're strange or when you can't be yourself," she answered thinking about how she had to hide her abilities from everyone.

                "You're not strange," he disagreed. "You're beautiful."

She blushed as she turned on her side to focus on him. He melted once her green eyes met his.

"On Asgard, you'd be hailed a goddess of beauty and you'd live in the palace with me," his words were like speaking of fairytales. "I'd never have to go a day without seeing you."

              "Are you a prince?"

               He hesitated for moment before he answered, "Yes." People always treated him differently after they knew that but Eira didn't hold a reaction at least not one he saw.

He spoke as if he wanted her to be his princess. It made her so nervous, especially, with how he was looking at her. But she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing that she hung on his every word already.

She moved her gaze away from his and thought about how he was a god and a prince. Then he probably wooed countless girls and she was just another in a long line. She wasn't special. But how wrong she was.

        "And I assume you know all of the goddesses that are deemed beautiful?"

"I do," he answered honestly and he reached out, tucking her hair behind her ear. "And none of them compare to you."

               He noticed her small smile but then she willed it away. She ignored his comment despite how it made her feel like her chest danced with excitement.

               "Then why are you here if you're a prince? And powerless?" she questioned.

              "I was arrogant and a fool. I see now the errors of my ways," he explained. "But I do not regret my past mistakes for they led me here...to find you."

               The way he spoke was if he was promising to be better for her or rather be what she needed. She didn't understand why she meant anything beyond a pretty face. But she didn't know about fate or how he waited five hundred years for her. She certainly didn't know how he believed that meeting her was his destiny.

             She just believed that he grew attached to people quickly which wasn't necessarily untrue.

              "And to find me will be just a dream one day when you go back to Asgard and you can hardly recall my name," she spoke what she thought was reality as she wore a frown.

               "Then I will dream forever," he promised.

               "Sweet dreams, then," she gave him a soft sad smile before turning to face away from him as her heart ached in her chest. She didn't want to be just a dream to him.

AN: I feel like this is moving fast but thor and eira are both hopeless romantics and thor believes in fate so it's really hard not to have them be in love immediately.
But...they're only going to have heart eyes for each other for awhile. I mean not too long but long enough.

(Also, Jane was in love with Thor after 3 days like what the hell. So I think I'm doing great.)