02

Thor Odinson was sure he was worthy.

He was worthy of the throne of Asgard, his birthright. He was worthy of wielding Mjolnir. He was worthy of having his father's pride.

      But his father cast him out.

      He was now on Midgard or otherwise known as Earth. He was as vulnerable as a human with all his powers stripped away from him by his father. But he had met a nice trio who had cared for him in his weakened state.

       Now he was on his way to retrieve Mjolnir with the lovely Jane Foster as his escort. The hammer was molded into a piece of stone and only the worthy, due to his father's spell, could lift the hammer. It was in a location where the government was keeping it hidden from the public and he would have to fight his way in.

        He was arrogant and sure of himself that he could wield Mjolnir. And he was determined to prove to his father that he was worthy of being his son.

__________

Eira liked to live in peace.

But one possible threat from outer space and now she was elected to deal with it. Even though she lived in the remote areas of Minnesota, SHIELD had no problem finding her. Apparently, they had never lost her. 

Nicholas J. Fury had come to retrieve her a day earlier.

"Eira will have no part in this life, Fury, if she doesn't want it," she heard Janet argue with a man outside as she came back from the shores of Lake Superior.

"The world may be in danger. It's high time she starts defending it."

         Once she turned the corner of the house, she saw the man Janet was talking to and a helicopter in the background. She recognized him from a long time ago when she was a child.

         "What's going on?" she announced her presence.

        They looked towards her and Fury spoke up, "Ma'am, you're going to have to come with me."

       "Because there's a threat..." she stated.

        "That you're the only one qualified to deal with," Fury added.

          Eira looked at Janet and her face that was full of frustration. She knew of the life that she used to live as an agent and she didn't want that for herself.

           "I don't..." she fumbled with her hands. "...like violence."

"I'm not asking for violence, Miss Stormy Weather," Fury argued. "I'm asking for a hero."

And she ended up on that helicopter heading to New Mexico where this supposed threat was. She didn't want to hurt anybody but she didn't want anyone to get hurt either.

Which is why she went to apprehend a buff blond man who was taking down every agent sent his way in this temporary base surrounding an alien hammer. She passed all the unconscious agents and frowned as she looked at them. She whispered as if it were somehow her fault, "I'm sorry."

          She turned and went down a long hallway. She saw the man with his back to her as he faced a man that was bigger than he was. She spoke to the agent, "I can take it from here."

        The agent looked at her and slowly backed away. The blond man turned around and looked at her, his eyes widening in surprise as she walked calmly towards him. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at her calmness.

      "I do not wish to hurt you..." the man's voice was deep and echoed like thunder around them. He assessed her and added as an afterthought, "...pretty mortal."

        Eira blushed and directed her head down so her hair billowed around her face and hid her burning her cheeks. She kept her eyes on him and smiled slightly.

       "Good. There's no need for violence," Eira argued and looked up at him softly.

      "Your people have something of mine," Thor's voice boomed as his face distorted into anger. "I want it back."

      "Then you can have it," Eira responded and walked past him before looking back at him. "Are you coming?"

        Thor was slow to follow her. He was so bewildered on how he was seeing her. She was the girl from his dreams; he'd been dreaming about her for five hundred years. He was always sure she'd be an Asgardian but the force that connected the Nine Realms decided to connect them together, two people from two different realms.

       He caught up to her and spoke quietly, "Thank you. You are most kind."

       She smiled up at him before they walked down a small set of stairs and approached what this facility was centered around. She walked across the muddy earth to a rock with a hammer imbedded into it. As she really studied it, she realized it was the same hammer from her dreams.

          It was raining in this open-roofed part of the facility they were at. She smiled up at the sky, always loving rain, before she looked up at the tall, blond man through the now wet strands of her hair.

        "No one has been able to separate the hammer from the stone," she spoke louder to be heard above the rain. "I don't know how you hope to."

          He smiled arrogantly as he looked down at her, "No mortal has been able to. But I am no mortal."

          He wrapped a hand around the hilt of the hammer and he took a deep breath before trying to lift it. The arrogant smile fell from his face when the hammer was still stuck in the stone. He used two hands and tugged on it with all his might yet still, the hammer would not budge.

             He stepped away from the hammer as his hands dropped to his sides. The quick rise and fall of his chest indicated he was upset and he looked up at the dark sky as if it held all the answers before he screamed in devastation. He fell to his knees in defeat.

             Eira had never seen a person who looked so pitiful like their entire spirit had just been ripped away. She wanted to bring back the life that was in his eyes only moments ago. She didn't like seeing people in pain even if they were strangers.

             And as he was hauled away by other agents, all the fight and resistance now lifeless in him, she was determined to help him.

AN: okay so they met. their meeting is probably one of my favs out of my stories