𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟏. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕

─•~❉᯽❉~•─𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺'𝘴 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘭─•~❉᯽❉~•─

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺'𝘴 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘭
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

The early spring air brings a time of new beginnings. New arrivals. New hope.

Along a long winding path, following the unbroken hemming of the woods, a young man walked alone. He was probably no older than seventeen winters, if his appearance did not show it, his wide smile did. 

Excitement and eagerness in his heart grew with every step that he took, brightening the smile upon his lips. He had been travelling south of his village for almost a day and a half but the distance did nothing to dampen his spirits. The boy did not know it yet, but Destiny was guiding him, or of the great adventure that lay ahead of him. 

The Great Dragon once said, "No young man, no matter how great, can know his destiny. He cannot glimpse his part in the great story that is about to unfold. Like everyone, he must live and learn."

And this was true as the young warlock walked over a small hill in the middle of the woods where he saw the walls of the great city of Camelot and stopped in awe. A young warlock who will, in time, father a legend. His name?

Merlin.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Merlin approached the gated city with this deep sense of excitement and a lingering feeling of anxiousness. After all, he was about to begin the rest of his life here. 

He walked past the many carts and stalls on his way to his destination, stopping to take everything in every once in a while. Staring at the great city with admiration and wonder, he entered the guarded gates of the citadel as the bells were tolling and a crowd gathered in the center of the courtyard.

Meanwhile, from above, in the room where Merlin was supposed to be, a young girl watched from the window, the most distasteful of expressions on her face.

From her view, she could see another girl with the same expression draped across her face. Granted their positions were different, in both physicality and in social standing. But their thoughts were the same. 

Truly, Rylee Winchester could not fathom what justifies a treatment like this. For something that was not as terrible as the King made it out to be. If anyone had a say about magic, it would have been her. Even if only a few people knew that secret. 

Watching the crowd, her eyes were drawn to Merlin, who curiously looked to what held the crowd's attention. From a distance, nothing about him could be made out, but she felt something. Something that kept her eyes glued to him. It was this deep lingering sensation in her heart, something that pulled her stomach into her throat and filled it with butterflies. 

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲'𝐬 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 | 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara