𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟔. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚘𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

If there was one thing about that night, it was that things were truly turning out for Camelot for the better. War and strife had always been an issue but with a change of the tides, things were starting to look up. The air was no longer full of stress and strife.

It was within the banquet hall that Rylee felt the conflicting pressuring feelings of both anxiety and joy throughout the room. It was nice that, despite the lingering anxiety, the fear of one false mistake, that the outcome of all of this would be for the benefit of everyone. Finally, after so long, a time of peace would take Camelot into its grasp.

The festivities that surrounded the signing of the peace treaty between Camelot and Mercia were to be spectacular. Finally, peace after such a long period of war and bloodshed.

Rylee stood near the wall, standing off to the side of the Royal table, watching the festivities as the two kings in the center of the room commenced with the signing of the treaty.  

The young sorceress looked up, fighting back laughter at Merlin's dreadful ensemble, gifted to him by Arthur of course. The sorceress lightly pushed the sorcerer's shoulder, the feathers of Merlin's hat shuffling as the young sorcerer bounced back. "I dunno Merlin," She laughed, "I think it's a good look for you."

The young man rolled his eyes at the girl. "You wouldn't be saying that if you had to wear this."

Rylee hummed. "Probably not." But then her eyes lit up. "But then again, I would probably just make you wear it instead."

Merlin fought back laughter. But all he had to do was take one look at her face before he broke and they laughed together. It was a lovely moment between the two of them. Looking up to the warlock, Rylee felt her heart flutter as the candlelight illuminated his features. She was happy. Perfectly happy in every way.

Things just felt perfectly right in every way.

But then her vision left her. The world darkened, becoming black as night. The only thing Rylee could feel was her heart racing, pounding out of her chest as her vision returned to her. The sight before her brought a deep pit of fear to her stomach.

Merlin stood in front of herself and Arthur, holding a chalice in his hand. Guards all around them with their weapons drawn. Bayard stared down Merlin with anger, one Uther had matched. Watching him carefully, not fully understanding what was going on, Rylee could feel herself shaking in fear. Like something terrible was about to happen. She tilted her head, eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

Merlin stood tall, taking in a deep breath. He looked back to the King in blue behind him. When he turned back to face the side that Camelot had clearly made for itself, he said, "It's fine."

Rylee felt her breathing steady slightly as everyone turned away as Uther gave his guest control over Merlin's fate. That moment of peace was swiftly gone as Merlin brought his hand up to his mouth. He grunted in pain as discomfort and panic overtook his face.